Noobie (Wannabe) from the Dallas area

Noobie (Wannabe) from the Dallas area

Red Oak, TX · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 0 votes

Hey everybody. My name is DK and I just found BP and have enjoyed what I've seen so far. I'm a retired cop and I'm currently working for a law firm doing some investigations. My brother and I have discussed getting into real estate for a little while and I have finally got him ready to do something. We really are thinking about a true boutique type of thing...wholesaling, some flip and fix and some rent houses. I like the flip and fix and he like the landlord aspect.

Anyways, I hope to see ya'll around the forms!

0Reply
10 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2013 · 66 posts · 11 votes
    12y
    Derek McCreight welcome to BP! There is a ton of great information to read on all aspects of investing that you mentioned. And the best part is, if you're stuck on one part, you can just ask!
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome aboard, DK. Finding your real estate niche can be challenging, but BiggerPockets is a great place to get your education to help you decide. We're glad you've joined us!

  • Real Estate Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2010 · 449 posts · 173 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP, DK! Good luck with your plans! I have a rental not too far from you (a duplex in Desoto). It's a good area for rentals, and there seems to be some opportunity for fix and flips as well.

  • Red Oak, TX · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks everybody. Harry - DeSoto is where I was a cop at and is the area where I was looking to get into.

  • Real Estate Agent · Keller, TX · Member since 2011 · 133 posts · 11 votes
    12y

    Hi @Derek McCreight Welcome to BiggerPockets. You have come to the right place!

    We do have a local BiggerPockets meetup group that meets once a month. We just had our October meeting last night. Sign up on our Facebook page to keep up with meeting times and updates.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/DFWBiggerPockets/

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Derek McCreight! Welcome to the site! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

    By the way - here are my favorite articles on Wholesaling:

    Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Red Oak" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

    Thanks again for introducing yourself!

  • Red Oak, TX · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks Brandon for the tips. I've been diggin on the podcasts for a little while now.

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    Welcome to the site @Derek McCreight! Two brothers working together can be a powerful thing! I hope to be a team with my little brother when he gets out of school and is ready to invest some day. That must be exciting for you guys.

    On the last podcast, the guest was talking about his strategy of buying, fixing, and holding for a few years(2-3) to sell later down the road. This strategy might tickle both your fancies!

    See you around the site.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.