Hello from Wilmington, Delaware

Hello from Wilmington, Delaware

Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 1 vote

Hello to Everyone,

My name is Marc Boiron. After listening to a few BiggerPockets Podcasts, I figured the logical next step to be to introduce myself on the forums.

I am a corporate attorney who plans to stick to his day job while investing in real estate. I am in the process of purchasing two homes in Houston, Texas as cash flow properties. The next step for me is to partner with someone (I think I have found that partner) to do some rehabbing. My potential partner is located in Lynchburg, Virginia. I will provide the capital; he will provide the equity. I definitely have a whole lot of questions about the financing aspects of rehabs.

I look forward to being in contact with many of you.

Best regards,

Marc Boiron

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

Welcome to BP!

Well rehabbing is great, but realize there is a huge difference between rentals and flips. Rentals do provide lower amounts of income, but it's passive and long-term and with insane tax benefits. Flipping is active income, but in higher chunks, and with major tax hits. Nothing wrong with it, but it's best coupled with buying rentals.

Unless you are talking about buying cheap rentals and rehabbing them holding. Then ignore everything I just said :)

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Hi @Marc Boiron and welcome!

    It really is a small world.  I went to High School at St. Andrew's in Middletown, DE and have family in the area.  If you are looking to talk to someone about the Houston markets, shoot me a PM.  I've been living and investing in the Houston area for the past 15 years. 

  • Irvine, CA · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hi @Account Closed and my apologies for the ridiculously slow response!

    It is funny that you mention Middletown; I went there for the first time a couple months ago and loved it.  There is enough to do there, but it is still in the suburbs - really nice.

    I hope your investing in Houston has been going well.  I think it is a great place to invest.  That being said, I have run into the same issue many others run into - a terrible property manager.  I think I will be looking for a new one soon...

  • Property Manager / Real estate investor · Lynchburg, VA · Member since 2014 · 37 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    @Marc Boiron I actually live and work as a property manager for a local investor in Lynchburg, I know a good bit of people and deals, depending on where exactly in Lynchburg your looking? If you message me I'd be glad to fill you in on some great deals and all the new construction thats going up around here.

  • Bear, DE · Member since 2014 · 178 posts · 65 votes
    11y

    @Marc Borian   I'm a local investor and Realtor in Bear Delaware. If I can be of any assistance let me know. I have access to cash buyers and fully knowledgeable about the entire New Castle County, Kent County, and Sussex but I'm not in that area too much.

    If anyone wants to invest in Delaware I can share with you what areas are profitable.

    Middletown has the best school system which is good for reselling. You can check the school systems on my site www.seanwbrooks.com

    If you need help in the Philadelphia market, I can assist there too.

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Marc Boiron

    Welcome to the community! BP is a great source for everything you will need, but only if you seek it out. It is important to be active and engaging. Read blogs, post questions, and I always suggest a podcast marathon. Good luck!

  • Investor · Roanoke, VA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 374 votes
    11y

    welcome @Marc Boiron i only live about 45 min. from lynchburg 

    i would like to come see the project you and your partner start in lynchburg

    keep us informed 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.