Dallas/North Texas Meetup

Dallas/North Texas Meetup

New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes

Hi Everyone!

My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

27Reply
1,069 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y

I'm sure there is always room for a new group, especially in McKinney, Sherman, Gainesville, Denton area...but there are plenty in DFW area in general.  HEre is a list of a few of them.

Please note I am not affiliated in any way with any of the groups other than that I have attended some of their meetings/presentations. Many groups during Covid have switched to online only or a combination of online/in person events. Many now getting back to live events. These groups are often in flux about where they meet, when they meet, how often they meet, so this is meant to be a general resource.

NTAREI- https://ntarei.com/ Normally meets about 2x a month in North Dallas at the Holiday Inn at Preston and LBJ NE corner. Some vendors present. Probably 20-120 in attendance depending on the topic. Meeting is normally on Thursday nights, occasionally on Tuesdays, and some full day Saturday seminars. Could be in person or online. Organizer is Roger.

Texas Tuesday DFW Real Estate Mastermind- https://ttdfwrem.com/ ...used to meet at Venture X in Lewisville, but seems to have moved to Ft. Worth. Great energy with this group. Tends to attract a younger /trendy crowd. Location could change.   Used to be on 1st Tuesday of the month, but has occasionally met on different days.

1REClub- http://jimmyvreed.com/network/... Fort Worth based with the organizer Jimmy Reed. Traditionally has met at Best Western Suites, 2000 Beach St., Fort Worth, Texas 76103 on Thursday nights.

DFW REI Club – dfwreiclub.com – Meets about 2x-4x month, normally on Saturday morning from about 9am-12noon at Manhattan Plaza 6850 Manhattan Blvd, Suite 205 Fort Worth, TX 76120. Seems like about 20-50 people present when I have attended. Organizer is Robin Carriger...super nice and knowledgeable guy.

IMPACT LIVE- www.impactreievents.com Meets about once a month in various places around Grapevine, Denton. Typically on the 4th Monday of the month in the evening about 7pm. Organizer is Sherry Patterson. I’ve been and there was a great group of people there...about 40 or so and a handful of vendors. May have other locations as well.

IMPACT Live Arlington- https://www.meetup.com/impactarlington/ Dennis Henson’s original group in a new form.

Novice Investors Club was Texas Investors Club- https://www.meetup.com/novicer... - Meets several times a month in Carrollton or Grapevine. Organizer is Michelle Landry.

Dallas and Ft. Worth REIG- https://www.dallasreig.com Organizer is Joe Boston. This has been a popular group for a very long time. Mostly meets on Saturday mornings.

Lifestyles Unlimited - https://lifestylesunlimited.co... - a membership only group but certainly adds lots of value for their members. There can be big costs to join this group, but if you follow the system and need a lot of mentorship, it might be worth the investment. Nice way to move up into syndications once you have a nice capital reserve.

Dallas REIA Live - https://dallas-reia.com/ -Meets about once a month in Dallas and Grapevine. Organizer is Shenoah Grove.

Quest - https://www.questtrustcompany.... Meets about 1-2x per month. Often on Wednesdays at 12noon. Specializing in how to use your investment accounts to invest. So get your 401k and HSA and other self directed accounts ready. Plenty of online meetings as well.

MLSIQ- https://realestateiq.co/ meets mostly online right now 1-2x week. Variety of topics with different experts.

West DFW REI Group- https://www.westdfwreigroup.com/ Check their online calendar for meeting times. Some Tues/Thurs/Saturdays.

REI Connections DFW- https://www.facebook.com/groups/172353131007199 Meets 1st Saturday of the month 8am.

The Dallas Event- https://www.instagram.com/theeventpresents/ Several times a year...normally 5pm-till close. Virgin Hotel. Great speakers..plenty of networking.

Total Wealth Academy- https://totalwealthacademy.com/ Houston based group. Former Lifestyles trainer Steve Davis has started this and has some Dallas trainings and meetings periodically. Full day class was probably one of the best I’ve seen and great value.

Roddy Round Up- https://roddy.com/roddy-event/ Back in action after a few years of hiatus. Currently meeting in Flower Mound about 1x/month. Organizer is Curtis Roddy.

See this reply in the discussion

214 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alli Breighner:

    Hi Daniel, 

    That's always exciting! The BP podcasts and books are always beneficial. 

    We are based in Austin, Texas, but would love to connect.


     Absolutely! Completely agree. Let's connect!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Richard Helppie-Schmieder:

    Hey Daniel,

    My business partner and I host a monthly meetup on the first Saturday of every month at 8AM. It is a casual meetup where you can mingle and interact with others who invest in real estate as well and we try to help each other set and meet our individual goals. Our next meetup will be on 1/7 with the location TBD but usually we meet at one of our Airbnb properties that we own within the Dallas area. I can let you know as soon as we have determined the location. 


     I'd love that Richard! Please let me know. Let's connect!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · DFW · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 208 votes
    3y

    Hey Daniel,

    Our next meetup is going to be held on Saturday, 1/7 at 8AM. We are going to be discussing long term rentals and how to get cash flow from day 1. The meetup is going to be at 1207 Terrace Drive in Grapevine which is a new investment property I am currently renovating. Hope you can make it out! 

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    If you haven’t joined us yet please make plans to kick off the new year at our North Dallas/ Addison meetup! https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas-Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 117 posts · 69 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

    I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

    I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

    Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

     @Daniel Schlittler  I'm in!  love the idea!

  • Highland Village, TX · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    This is great!! Hopefully, we can put something together.  My family and I just moved to the Denton area in August.  We have also been consuming information on BP and YouTube like crazy!!  I am tired of sitting on the sidelines and being fearful of making the leap.  I do believe that 2023 will be a great year to get into some great properties at a discounted price as compared to the last few years. 

    We are super-busy with sports and activities but would welcome any opportunity to connect with like minded individuals!!

    Cheers,

    Tate

  • Rental Property Investor · Krum, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

    I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

    I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

    Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

    I would be very interested in joining as well, especially in the Denton area. 
     

  • Investor · Dallas · Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 9 votes
    3y

    I'm very interested in joining as well. I'm in the Dallas Area

  • Flipper/Rehabber · DFW · Member since 2020 · 374 posts · 208 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Marc Stevenson:
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

    I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

    I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

    Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

     @Daniel Schlittler  I'm in!  love the idea!


    Hey Marc, My business partner and I host a free monthly meetup. 

    Our next meetup is going to be held this Saturday, 1/7 at 8AM. We are going to be discussing long term rentals and how to get cash flow from day 1. The meetup is going to be at 1207 Terrace Drive in Grapevine which is a new investment property I am currently renovating. Hope you can make it out!

  • Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2022 · 90 posts · 37 votes
    3y

    Hi Everybody, 

    I am a lender in the DFW area and work with investors all around the country on a daily basis.  I enjoy attending and presenting to REIC's and meetups to share my 25 years of lending knowledge to help investors start & grow their real estate empires! 

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tony Severance:

    Hi Everybody, 

    I am a lender in the DFW area and work with investors all around the country on a daily basis.  I enjoy attending and presenting to REIC's and meetups to share my 25 years of lending knowledge to help investors start & grow their real estate empires! 


     Thanks for sharing Tony! We'd love to have you at the next one!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jamaal Smith:

    I'm very interested in joining as well. I'm in the Dallas Area


     Awesome Jamaal! Check out our next one!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Dusty Garland:
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

    I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

    I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

    Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

    I would be very interested in joining as well, especially in the Denton area. 
     


     Very nice Dusty. Let's connect!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tate Meyhoff:

    This is great!! Hopefully, we can put something together.  My family and I just moved to the Denton area in August.  We have also been consuming information on BP and YouTube like crazy!!  I am tired of sitting on the sidelines and being fearful of making the leap.  I do believe that 2023 will be a great year to get into some great properties at a discounted price as compared to the last few years. 

    We are super-busy with sports and activities but would welcome any opportunity to connect with like minded individuals!!

    Cheers,

    Tate


     Love it Tate!! Let's connect!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Marc Stevenson:
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

    I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

    I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

    Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

     @Daniel Schlittler  I'm in!  love the idea!


     Awesome Marc! Check out our next one!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Richard Helppie-Schmieder:

    Hey Daniel,

    Our next meetup is going to be held on Saturday, 1/7 at 8AM. We are going to be discussing long term rentals and how to get cash flow from day 1. The meetup is going to be at 1207 Terrace Drive in Grapevine which is a new investment property I am currently renovating. Hope you can make it out! 


     I appreciate the invite Richard! I won't be able to make it this Saturday, but please keep me posted on the next one!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lilian Le:

    Please count me in Daniel. Thanks


     Check out our next one Lilian!

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    Definitely interested as a beginning investor looking to get started

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Derek Massey:

    Definitely interested as a beginning investor looking to get started


     Check us out at our next meet-up Derek!

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Tate Meyhoff:

    This is great!! Hopefully, we can put something together.  My family and I just moved to the Denton area in August.  We have also been consuming information on BP and YouTube like crazy!!  I am tired of sitting on the sidelines and being fearful of making the leap.  I do believe that 2023 will be a great year to get into some great properties at a discounted price as compared to the last few years. 

    We are super-busy with sports and activities but would welcome any opportunity to connect with like minded individuals!!

    Cheers,

    Tate


     This is a meetup that was spurred from this discussion thread. We would love to have you! https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jamaal Smith:

    I'm very interested in joining as well. I'm in the Dallas Area



    This is a meetup that was spurred from this discussion thread. We would love to have you! https://www.biggerpockets.com/...
  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Marc Stevenson:
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

    I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

    I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

    Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

     @Daniel Schlittler  I'm in!  love the idea!




    This is a meetup that was spurred from this discussion thread. We would love to have you! https://www.biggerpockets.com/...
  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Dusty Garland:
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

    I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

    I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

    Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

    I would be very interested in joining as well, especially in the Denton area. 
     




    This is a meetup that was spurred from this discussion thread. We would love to have you! https://www.biggerpockets.com/...
  • Plano, TX · Member since 2016 · 37 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Hi Daniel and team, 

    I live in Plano, moved in 2011, got a rental in McKinney and I am looking for second SFR in Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman etc., would love to meet up or get some guidance from experts in this forum, love the energy!!

    Mushtaq

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    Hi Daniel, 

    I am new to the NOTX/DFW Area and REI as a whole. Are you still meeting up? I would love to connect with other like-minded investors as well. Please let me know!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.