Aspiring REI looking to relocate to Houston

Aspiring REI looking to relocate to Houston

Member since 2022 · 33 posts · 19 votes

Greetings BP Fam,

I'm an aspiring REI, looking to relocate from my hometown: Los Angeles, CA.... to Houston, TX. I hope I like it there, since I've never been:) That said, my goal is to purchase a multifamily property (preferably 4plex) owner occupied.... but I'm not finding too many that are turn key, and in my price range...so I may have to settle for a duplex (which may be a blessing in disgust). Just wanted to introduce myself as I am excited to be a part of this community and I look forward to gaining enough knowledge to pay it forward one day. #cheers

1Reply
6 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · TX · Member since 2022 · 128 posts · 73 votes
    3y

    Hey!

    Glad you are wanting to get into REI. You are one step closer to success by joining us on BiggerPockets! I am originally from CA and moved to Texas after some time in my Active Duty service. I love it and I have to admit that Real Estate is booming in Texas. Have you ever visited Houston? There are many big cities in Texas. I would say Austin is the most like Los Angeles. They're both huge cities that REI is a good option for, though! Good luck!

    Kaitlyn Beard

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Kenisha B. I love the hustle! I would definitely go before you commit. Austin, Dallas and San Antonio are great in their own ways too

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 70 posts · 44 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the community! Houston is great! I am actually moving there from Dallas at the end of the year too. The suburbs are great and the builders down there are putting in some pretty amazing neighborhoods for the price that have some incredible amenities. It's a great place to invest too. I have 772 units down there (The Henry branded apartments) and looking to add more. 4th largest metro in the country and very affordable with average rents at only $1,297! In the good parts of town, there is a lot of runway for rent growth and it's very compelling for families to move down there with quality schools, lots of jobs, and affordable homes. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.