Howdy! New member From Rock Springs, Wyoming

Howdy! New member From Rock Springs, Wyoming

Rock Springs, WY · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 1 vote

I have been browsing this site for real estate rental investment info and advice for the last few months. Great site and great people!!!

First and foremost, I am hoping to gain knowledge from the people here on rental property investing. I am currently a stay at home mom, for the last 2 years, but will be going back to work soon. My goal is to work part-time and supplement the remaining income (I worked full-time prior to having my son) with rental income, and also building up my number of rental properties yearly.

Secondly, I am looking for an investor to assist with the down payment for 2 4-plexes. How is the best way to find someone who would be interested in this?

I am so happy to find this site and am excited to see how the guidance of other's can help us all obtain our dreams quickly and smoothly!

0Reply
7 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Tara Brodersen welcome to the site - great to have you here! As for finding investors, the best way is to start networking and learning. There are three parts of a deal: the money, the time, the education. If you can become 2 of those, it's much easier to find the third.

    Hope that helps some. If you haven't yet, definitely be sure to check out The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing as well as How to Make a Million Dollars and any of the BiggerPockets Podcast episodes that have to do with buy and hold!

  • Rental Property Investor · AZ · Member since 2013 · 213 posts · 50 votes
    12y

    @Tara Brodersen Welcome to BP from Cheyenne! This site offers a wealth of information and I'm sure you will learn a lot. Sounds like you have a good plan in mind. As far as private investors, you can do some searches on this site for info about that. I know a lot of people say they find them from people they know, such as family and friends. You might start with reading the info in this link. Good luck!

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/49/topics/80266-how-did-you-find-your-private-money-lenders

  • Rock Springs, WY · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks Brandon and Michelle! Nice to have so much support! I will check out your links.

  • Syracuse, UT · Member since 2013 · 39 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Tara Brodersen, hi welcome to the site! I am new too so I am afraid I don't have a lot of advice to offer, but one of the best pieces of advice I have received here is to listen to the podcasts. They are awesome! So much information, and I can listen while I jog, I love it! Good luck!

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    @Tara Brodersen , welcome to BP. Be sure to read through the Learn section above, it is loaded with great information. How is Rock Springs doing? I was born there and went to WWC, but grew up elsewhere.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lansdowne, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 656 votes
    12y

    Hey Tara,

    Happy to have you join us here on BP. Prosperous investing to you....

    Kudos,

    Mary

  • Rock Springs, WY · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Great advice on listening to the Podcast while working out - I will definately be doing that!!

    Hi Jerry, such a small world to hear from a local, lol :) Rock Springs is doing good, steadily growing and the economy is good.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Anderson, SC · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    Welcome Tara, there is a ton of info on this site and you will learn a lot. I am new also and am learning. There are people here that love to answer questions and be a big help.

    I lived in Newcastle for a time but now I'm in SC. It is beautiful up there in the black hills.

    Jeremy

  • Rock Springs, WY · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    HI Jeremy,

    Thank you for being supportive :) It sure is beautiful in the Black Hills, we have gone there many times for vacations in the summer, never gets old!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.