New to BiggerPockets and the Real Estate World!!

New to BiggerPockets and the Real Estate World!!

Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 4 votes

Chicago, born and raised, currently reside in the in Lincoln Square area. New to real estate and looking to network/connect with individuals (throughout Illinois and surrounding states) as I prepare to purchase my first property. Open to mentorships, volunteer/unpaid work, paid work, meetups, or anything that would provide growth as an investor.

1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 587 posts · 298 votes
3y

Welcome to BP, Rasheed! 

This platform has a lot to offer. How are you looking to prepare for your first investment property? I'd love to offer insight, and connect.

I definitely recommend attending a local meetup in your area or even a virtual meetup, it's a great way to make connections and overall network.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2022 · 473 posts · 586 votes
    3y

    Rasheed - welcome to BP! Glad to have you. What type of investment strategies interest you? Are you looking for certain property type?

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Rasheed Ward

    Welcome! How are you planning on getting the first investment property?

    If you're interested I can send you a list of resources I've found useful with getting started in real estate investing.

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jack Tulloch:

    Rasheed - welcome to BP! Glad to have you. What type of investment strategies interest you? Are you looking for certain property type?


     Jack, I appreciate the welcome and love the Austin area by the way. I am looking to start out with a multi-family home, 3-4 units preferably.  

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Paul De Luca:

    @Rasheed Ward

    Welcome! How are you planning on getting the first investment property?

    If you're interested I can send you a list of resources I've found useful with getting started in real estate investing.


    Paul, thanks for the connection. My current plan is to use an FHA loan, as I would be living in the property as well. I would appreciate any resources, thank you kindly.

  • Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 356 posts · 228 votes
    3y

    @Rasheed Ward

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

    1. Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

    2. Attend the FREE WEBINARS

    3. Attend a Meetup in your area/virtual meet ups

    4. Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

    5. Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

    Good Luck,

    Kenny

  • Victor SoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 325 posts · 193 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Rasheed Ward:
    Quote from @Paul De Luca:

    @Rasheed Ward

    Welcome! How are you planning on getting the first investment property?

    If you're interested I can send you a list of resources I've found useful with getting started in real estate investing.


    Paul, thanks for the connection. My current plan is to use an FHA loan, as I would be living in the property as well. I would appreciate any resources, thank you kindly.


     I love househacking! I’ve been doing it for the past 5 years and I’m still househacking my current residence. Let me know if I can help! 

    Victor So Real Estate LLC517 Reviews
  • Real Estate Broker · 3412 S. Harlem Avenue Riverside, IL 60546 · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    @Rasheed Ward welcome to the forums! You are in the right place for sure to meet most of the active folks here in Chicago. I would recommend that you attend a local meetup. You can find a really great list on the Straight Up Chicago Investor's Podcast website here: 

    Chicago Real Estate Investor Meetups (straightupchicagoinvestor.com)

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Warren:

    @Rasheed Ward welcome to the forums! You are in the right place for sure to meet most of the active folks here in Chicago. I would recommend that you attend a local meetup. You can find a really great list on the Straight Up Chicago Investor's Podcast website here: 

    Chicago Real Estate Investor Meetups (straightupchicagoinvestor.com)


    John, thanks for the information…. Local meetups was going to be my next question. Weekly meetups is part of the plan going into the new year. 

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kenny Smith:

    @Rasheed Ward

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

    1. Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

    2. Attend the FREE WEBINARS

    3. Attend a Meetup in your area/virtual meet ups

    4. Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

    5. Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

    Good Luck,

    Kenny


     Kenny, I appreciate it. I’ve been reading and listening to podcasts every second I get this past month. Thanks to John, I’ll be adding in the meetups now. 

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Yo @Rasheed Ward - Awesome to have another local Chicago guy jumping into the real estate space.  We are always looking for young hustlers that are serious about doing what they say they are going to do (especially when no one is looking).  

    I always start by encouraging new investors to learn (Biggerpockets & books), network (Biggerpockets, coffee, meetups), and take action/be decisive (write offers, cold call, etc.).   I've found for me that those steps work every time and I always try to take the next step before I feel ready.  

    Feel free to reach out so we can connect.....happy to help you along your real estate journey.

  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 587 posts · 298 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP, Rasheed! 

    This platform has a lot to offer. How are you looking to prepare for your first investment property? I'd love to offer insight, and connect.

    I definitely recommend attending a local meetup in your area or even a virtual meetup, it's a great way to make connections and overall network.

  • Crystal SmithPro Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Rasheed Ward:

    Chicago, born and raised, currently reside in the in Lincoln Square area. New to real estate and looking to network/connect with individuals (throughout Illinois and surrounding states) as I prepare to purchase my first property. Open to mentorships, volunteer/unpaid work, paid work, meetups, or anything that would provide growth as an investor.



    Find a local Robert Kiyosaki Cashflow Game.  We play once a month near Lincoln Square.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.