Newbie RE Investor - Greetings from Houston, TX

Newbie RE Investor - Greetings from Houston, TX

Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes

Hey all! My name is Eric and I’ve been on Bigger Pockets browsing forums for some time and thought to finally get out my shell to introduce myself.

I'm located in the Houston area, in my early 30's and have a growing desire to increase my real estate portfolio. In 2021 after numerous attempts I closed on a primary residence (SFH) and have since continued to learn how to locate real estate deals and like-minded individuals working in the space. Like many here, I have an investor mindset when it comes to real estate and in 2023 I would like to purchase a multi-family property to "house hack" (this was the plan initially but I couldn't find a good deal in 2020-21).

Outside of RE, I am a WFH professional working in the Fintech industry, avid traveler and foodie.

Going into the new year, I'm looking to attend more REIA meetings in Houston, collaborate with other RE investors and most importantly learn from those experienced. Creative financing and finding off-market deals is my highest interest at the moment and would love to chat with anyone generous enough to share their insights.

Huge fan of BP and the podcast, I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and closes the year strong! Thanks in advance for your responses and encouragement.

And please, if you have any recommendations (i.e REIA meeting, books, YT videos) please feel free to share.

3Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Eric, welcome to BiggerPockets! You came to the right place to learn more about real estate investing! 

    -Julio

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Happy to help, have connections in Houston. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hey Eric, 

    I'm here in Houston and plan to be attending plenty of networking events in the coming months as well.

    There's a class on Jan 7th on different creative financing I may be heading to as well. That might be just what you're looking for! Let me know if you'd like details on that.

    Happy New Year and wish you luck on your investment journey! 

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    @Eric Haque

    Welcome to BP!

    Just make sure to consume contents here as much as possible and feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help each other grow.

    Get as much knowledge and experience as possible and find a mentor.

    Join real estate investment clubs.

    Get in touch with a local agent or investor and shorten your learning curve and save you a lot of headaches as they tend to understand the market better.

    All the best!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.