New Investor: Kalamazoo, Michigan

New Investor: Kalamazoo, Michigan

Rental Property Investor · West Michigan · Member since 2013 · 130 posts · 25 votes

So, after introducing myself as a new member in Phoenix, Arizona a month or two ago, I'm going to re-introduce myself as a [still] new member in Kalamazoo, Michigan! My full-time job has taken me back to my hometown just outside of Kalamazoo, and I've already built a small but very talented real estate investment team there.

A little about me: I've been happily married for over 10 years now to my beautiful wife, and we have three children (6, 3, and 9 months). I'm an avid hunter/outdoorsman, served two combat tours as an Army officer, and am now relocating the family to our dream home on 50 acres where we plan on raising our kids.

I'm always interested in meeting new investors, in sharing the experiences that I gained while in Phoenix over the past couple of years, and in growing my network in general.

Best wishes to each of you this Christmas season!

-Nate

0Reply
35 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flint, MI · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 38 votes
    12y

    Nice to meet you Nate! I also just relocated to Michigan from AZ. Congrats on buying your dream home and thank you for your service. I wish you all the best in western Michigan and if there's anything I can do for you in the thumb or in SE Michigan let me know.

  • Rental Property Investor · West Michigan · Member since 2013 · 130 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Thanks Scott - appreciate it. Look forward to catching up with you again sometime in the near future,

    -Nate

  • Specialist · Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2013 · 392 posts · 116 votes
    12y

    Hi Nate! Welcome. There are some great REI groups over here as well that I would recommend joining... I'll get them to you soon. They vary from Kalamazoo to GR, but all are worth it.

    I live in a more remote area myself, and can't always make every one, but I always enjoy them when I go.

    This is a good spot to be.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Grand Haven, MI · Member since 2013 · 42 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Welcome back to Michigan Nate. My wife and I moved to Grand Haven, MI from Des Moines, IA in February. I am a real estate agent and will obtain my contracting license within the next month.

    I would love to meet with you to discuss your experience in Phoenix. We have a little distance between us but, let me know if you would like to grab lunch in Grand Rapids.

    Brian

  • Rental Property Investor · West Michigan · Member since 2013 · 130 posts · 25 votes
    12y

    Sounds great! I'm actually up near GR fairly frequently, as the majority of my large extended family lives in GR/Zeeland/Holland.

    From what I understand, Grand Haven is a great place for investment if you can create a good funnel/pipeline.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Nate Miersma welcome to BP!

  • Kalamazoo, MI · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    My partner & I are in Kalamazoo. If you want to meet with Dan & I just drop us a line. Our email is [email protected] or call us @ 269-359-1194

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.