• Durango
Votes |
Hi BP! New to REI and living in Durango, CO

Josh Levey
  • New to Real Estate
  • Durango
Posted Feb 15 2023, 18:06

Hi BP Community,

I'm Josh, 31 years old, work remote for a startup and live in beautiful Durango, CO. I've been browsing BP forums for a couple of years but reluctant to take the plunge. REI was always a bit nervewracking to me (I always jumped to the "what if" mentality when I'd think about being a landlord), and as a result missed out on the super low rate environment of the last several years, instead investing my cash into the stock market (took quite a beating this past year!). I'm committed to action and will be dipping my toes into REI in the very near future. At present I'm trying to educate myself and soak in as much information on REI as I can so I can make informed decisions (particularly considering that both the higher rate environment and the still-high home prices in much of the country make finding solid, cash-flow positive deals a bit more challenging, or so it seems).

While I would love to invest locally in the Durango area, home prices here are too high for it to make sense from a cashflow perspective. As a result I'm looking at other, more affordable markets around the country. That said, would love to connect with other REIs locally or in nearby regions and hear how you've made it work!

Cheers,
Josh

Loading replies...