Newbie to the Tax lien/deed thing

Newbie to the Tax lien/deed thing

Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hello. I'm Thomas. I'm a 44 year old broke employee. Sounds like an AA meeting into. I am new into the game of real estate, tax liens and deeds. I know there is money to be made in real estate but I don't want to deal with flipping houses or buy and selling all the time. Hoping to learn more about tax liens and deeds. From Texas if that helps. 

0Reply
5 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the site @Thomas Loiselle! It's great to have you here.

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

    Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Wishing you the best!

    BiggerPockets
  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP!

    There are so many ways to build financial wealth through real estate! It's awesome!

    I wish you all the best in your investing journey.

  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Thank you all. I appreciate it. I'm excited to be hear and learn. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    What research have you done so far? What specific questions can I answer? 

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Thomas, welcome to BiggerPockets! You found the right place for information.

  • Realtor · Member since 2023 · 177 posts · 41 votes
    3y

    Welcome Thomas to BP, I'm down in SWFL and best of luck to you! 

  • Lender · San Diego, CA · Member since 2022 · 587 posts · 298 votes
    3y

    Hey Thomas! 

    I'd love to offer insight and discuss details revolving your real estate interests.

    Feel free to reach out if you're interested, I'd love to connect.

  • Real Estate Agent · East Central Florida · Member since 2021 · 121 posts · 94 votes
    3y

    Thomas:  you may want to look into wholesale opportunities in your area. If you really want to make money with real estate without doing hands on renovation, wholesale will be easier than tax deeds and liens. I have bought and sold in both areas. For a tax deed/lien, you will shell out money up front, then own a property, need to get it ready and then sell it. In a wholesale, you find a property, likely have little to no money out of pocket, then assign it to someone for a fee.  There is much less risk and you usually have a time to get out of your contact if you cannot sell the contract. 

    Get involved with your local REIA and connect with people who are actively doing these things to see how they work and how you can benefit.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.