Newbie excited about real estate investing

Newbie excited about real estate investing

Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 5 votes

Hey I'm Mike! I'm a real estate newbie and new to the site.

I'm from the Memphis area and my goal ithis year is to aquire

two properties this year!

I want to aquire one property at a tax auction and the second property

through owner occupied financing!!!!!!!!!!

Any advise please share with me

0Reply
33 views

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome Michael. Make sure you check out

    The BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing

    We are glad you've joined us.

  • Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    thanks Jon

  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Come to the next MIG meeting at the Hilton on Ridgelake Dr on the 9th. Get there by 6pm as I am teaching a Getting Started Right class. Main meeting starts after my session. Hope to see you there.

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    is there a cost or is this free?!?!

    Thanks for the invite

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 660 posts · 441 votes
    12y

    I think it's free to attend the first one, then there is a yearly cost to join. Here is the website.

    http://www.memphisinvestorgroup.com/

  • Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    thanks

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 85 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    @Michael DuVentre welcome to the BP family!

  • Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Thanks Jay Neil

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Michael DuVentre - you've got some strong and exciting goals for 2014. Good luck!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Michael DuVentre

    Welcome.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 50 past ones to catch up on.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info.

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Duplex Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    12y
    Welcome Mike, You will find this site very helpful everyone on here is very resourceful. Good Luck with your venture and God Bless! Happy Investing, Cornelius
  • Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Thanks Paul!

    Thanks Joe!

    Thanks Corneilus!

  • Developer · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2009 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Welcome Michael...from the "West side"

  • Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    thanks xavier!!!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Michael DuVentre welcome to the site! Great to have you here! If you haven't checked out the The BiggerPockets Podcast yet, I highly recommend it!

  • Member since 2014 · 61 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    thanks Brandon! I'm glad to be apart of the biggerpockets family! I look forward to the incite I will receive, as well as networking!

    Thanks again

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.