New Investor through seller finance

New Investor through seller finance

Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone! 

New to the investing world here 🖐 I am looking to invest anywhere in the Orlando, Fl area through seller finance. 

What are the questions I should ask? 

I am learning everyday but can't wait any longer and need to just do it lol! 

Any advice? 

0Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Marlon FongPro Member
BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
3y

Welcome to the site @Doris Garcia It's great to have you here.

Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Wishing you the best!

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the site @Doris Garcia It's great to have you here.

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

    Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Wishing you the best!

    BiggerPockets
  • Lender · Orlando, FL · Member since 2016 · 340 posts · 115 votes
    3y

    I would learn from the Pros in this space.  Tons of resources here on BP.  Alex Quezada has a group that meets up in Orlando and they talk about creative / seller financing often.  I haven't been personally as I'm bad about getting out and networking!  Pace Morby has a ton of excellent content on seller financing and has more properties under management than almost anyone using that strategy.  Personally I am not sure how they negotiate all those deals, but best of luck to you as you hunt for deals in my hometown of Orlando!

  • Realtor · Member since 2023 · 177 posts · 41 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the BP Community, Doris! Lots of good insight here, Marlon noted a lot of great information for you too. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    These are the key components to owner finance. Down payment, interest-rate, amortization schedule, balloon (if there is one). 

  • Shawn McCormickPro Member
    Realtor · Central Florida-Orlando · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 892 votes
    3y

    @Doris Garcia If you are looking to network with other investors and find mentors that can teach on the subject, I would suggest joining the local REAI (CFRI) and go to some meetings. There is a sub group meeting once a month just for creative deal structuring hosted by Augie Byllott. He is a master of that and the meeting is free once you join CFRI, so you get advice and questions answered by experts that are local.

    I personally have done some seller finance and always make it one of my offers when dealing with a seller. Since there are no banks involved, the terms are what ever makes the deal happen..down payment, interest, balloon, amoritization schedule, options are all things that can be negotiated and even changed later on down the line. 

    Finding these types of deals is much, much harder. Wholesalers will rarely have one they offer (usually if anyone finds one, they keep it for themselves!!). 

    Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Hey Doris, welcome to BiggerPockets! First of all, congratulations in taking the first big leap into your real estate journey! Here are some questions you might find useful when looking to invest in real estate through seller financing.

    1. The purchase price of the property
    2. The Downpayment required for seller financing
    3. The interest rate on the seller-financed loan
    4. The length of the loan term
    5. If the loan fully amortized, or if there is a balloon payment due at the end of the term
    6. The monthly payment amount
    7. The annual insurance premium amount
    8. The annual property tax amount
    9. The penalty if you pay off the loan early
    10. The condition of the property
    11. The average market rent in the area
    12. The vacancy rate in the area
    13. Check if there are any zoning restrictions or other legal considerations you should be aware of
    14. Find out the typical closing costs associated with the transaction

    Always remember to do your due diligence and conduct a thorough analysis of the investment opportunity before making a decision. All the best to your real estate journey!

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Thank you so much! :) 

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    I am subscribed to Pace lol I learned so much from him and bigger pockets too🙏Thank you! 

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Thanks for the warm welcoming everyone! 

    I appreciate all the tips! ❤

  • Member since 2023 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    3y

     @Steven Foster Wilson

    You are awesome! 

    Thank so much for taking the time to share some tips with me, I really appreciate it! 🙏

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Doris Garcia:

     @Steven Foster Wilson

    You are awesome! 

    Thank so much for taking the time to share some tips with me, I really appreciate it! 🙏


    You're welcome. Glad to be able to help out.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Doris Garcia:

     @Steven Foster Wilson

    You are awesome! 

    Thank so much for taking the time to share some tips with me, I really appreciate it! 🙏


     You're welcome! Feel free to reach out. I would love to help out as much as I can.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP @Doris Garcia ! You have found the right place for a plethora of information on REI.

    Good luck on your journey!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.