New Member from the OK, TX, MO and KS areas

New Member from the OK, TX, MO and KS areas

Real Estate Attorney · Duncan, OK · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hi all,

My name is Wayne Walker. I am a former practicing RE and business attorney (in Vermont), who left law to secure a PhD in Public Policy Analysis and am now an Entrepreneur in Oklahoma. My nonprofit, Global ResQ, owns land with runways for flying Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. With all of the bad publicity about “drones,” and government restrictions on their use, we are expanding the mission of Global ResQ to focus on producing grass-fed beef on organic ranches for regional and local food banks. Consequently, I am very interested in finding ranches primarily in the Southern MO, SE Kansas, and NW Oklahoma areas. I am new to the RE investing world. I came to Bigger Pockets through Google searches and it looks like an incredible space to network, learn and develop marketing skills. I'm looking to learn as much as possible, make some great connections and build an investment network.

Wayne Walker

[email protected]

0Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
12y

Welcome Wayne, to BP!

Interesting, drone-ports, well, they are already here, but more are coming. Unrestricted to my knowledge, at or below 200' AGL from private property. Interesting industry starting up and I'd say you're on to something. Heard today drone production was to offer 20,000 jobs in Utah. The FAA has selected certain models for evaluation. Can't wait to see buzz bombs flying, say under 2,000 in drone flight routes, hope they leave room for my Jetson car. LOL.

Not many ranches left in this county, still an ag area with cattle but it's going down.

Did your organization have dealing in Joplin? They just opened the new HS, pretty nice building with a tornado shelter! :)

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lenexa, KS · Member since 2010 · 215 posts · 121 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP, I also jsut sent you a PM with a contact in SE KS for what you are looking for.

  • Wholesaler · Springfield, MO · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Hi,

    I am also new to bigger pockets. A couple of my local investors recommended the site for networking and an education resource.

    I live in SW Missouri. I do a lot of rehabbing and wholesaling. I am looking for opportunity's to "bird dog" for out of state investors. If I can help anyone out please send me an email.

    [email protected]

  • Wholesaler · Maryland Heights, MO · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP! I wish you the best in your adventures. So far BP has been a wealth of knowledge for me just getting my feet wet! I know you can utilize the marketplace to market for your particular niche.

    Happy Monday!

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome Wayne, to BP!

    Interesting, drone-ports, well, they are already here, but more are coming. Unrestricted to my knowledge, at or below 200' AGL from private property. Interesting industry starting up and I'd say you're on to something. Heard today drone production was to offer 20,000 jobs in Utah. The FAA has selected certain models for evaluation. Can't wait to see buzz bombs flying, say under 2,000 in drone flight routes, hope they leave room for my Jetson car. LOL.

    Not many ranches left in this county, still an ag area with cattle but it's going down.

    Did your organization have dealing in Joplin? They just opened the new HS, pretty nice building with a tornado shelter! :)

  • Hazel Run, MN · Member since 2013 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Welcome to BP Wayne!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2013 · 88 posts · 24 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP Wayne! You've come to the right place to network with very knowledgeable investors.

    Happy Investing!

  • Deborah BurianPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 412 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP from a fellow Oklahoman. I'm in the city so don't know about the land so no use there.

  • Investor · Chesapeake Beach, MD · Member since 2013 · 273 posts · 37 votes
    12y

    Hi Wayne,

    Sounds like you are well equipped with your background. I also invest in Oklahoma but in the city area. Really interested to see how things work out for you. Good luck.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome aboard, Wayne. We currently raise grass fed Jerseys at our place, but are thinking of switching to Wagyu (Kobe).

    BiggerPockets is indeed a great resource of REI knowledge and networking. We're glad you've joined us!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.