Realtor & Soon to Be Investor

Realtor & Soon to Be Investor

Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 22 votes

Hello everyone, Brand new member here..... I am a newly licensed realtor in Louisiana. I'm also on the hunt for my first investment property. I look forward to connecting with you all! Already learning so much!! 

1Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant · McKinney, TX · Member since 2023 · 393 posts · 580 votes
3y

Welcome to BP and your new work and investment endeavors!  I am located in DFW and am not sure if you are looking initially in state or out for an imvestment property. More than happy to make referrals and can recommend @Denver McClure and @Whitney Nash for starters.   

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · McKinney, TX · Member since 2023 · 393 posts · 580 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP and your new work and investment endeavors!  I am located in DFW and am not sure if you are looking initially in state or out for an imvestment property. More than happy to make referrals and can recommend @Denver McClure and @Whitney Nash for starters.   

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Glad to have you on the forums, Renee! 

    Welcome aboard and best of luck investing!

  • Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 22 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jeff Nash:

    Welcome to BP and your new work and investment endeavors!  I am located in DFW and am not sure if you are looking initially in state or out for an imvestment property. More than happy to make referrals and can recommend @Denver McClure and @Whitney Nash for starters.   


     Thank you, Jeff! I want to get started locally and expand out from there. I appreciate the recommendations. Great to connect with you!

  • Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 22 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Julio Gonzalez:

    Glad to have you on the forums, Renee! 

    Welcome aboard and best of luck investing!


     Thank you so much, Julio!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome Renee and best of luck investing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Russellville, AR · Member since 2014 · 684 posts · 509 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP!  There is a ton of knowledge in these forums and so many people ready to share knowledge and experience.  What brokerage are you with?

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Renee, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is surely the best place to start networking and learning. I always recommend the book “Rich dad, Poor dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki to anyone starting out. Start listening to the BiggerPockets podcast starting at the very beginning and start growing your network, look on Facebook/BiggerPockets for different events, find a mentor doing what you want to do, and get to know the local lenders/brokers. All the best to your real estate journey!

  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Renee Williams:

    Hello everyone, Brand new member here..... I am a newly licensed realtor in Louisiana. I'm also on the hunt for my first investment property. I look forward to connecting with you all! Already learning so much!! 

    Hi Renee! Welcome to Bigger Pockets. The world is your oyster and if you can think something then you can do it as Napoleon Hill mentioned in his book "Think & Grow Rich". That is the concept that I lived and still live by.

    I would first recommend finding your core 4 and reading as many bigger pocket books as you can. I personally read "BRRRRR" by David Greene and "Multi-Family Millionaire" Vol 1 &2 by Brandon Turner. Those 2 concepts will really help you grasp how to get started in real estate and SCALE SCALE SCALE!

    If you are house-hacking, I would choose a B+ location or better because you will not get too many opportunities to house-hack. You can use an FHA loan conventional 5% down loan (Find one without a PMI) that has great loan terms.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.