Brand spankin new member from West Bloomfield, MI

Brand spankin new member from West Bloomfield, MI

Keego Harbor, MI · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 1 vote

Hello all my new BP friends!

Thanks for taking the time to check me out. My name is Mike, i am 26 years old and I am a newer wholesaler from West Bloomfield, Michigan. I joined BP because I love networking with creative people and I am also looking to expand my list of investors and buyers in my area. I have been wholesaling for just over a year and have 3 deals under my belt.

Before I started the real estate route I was living in Nashville trying to make it as a singer/songwriter. I love the music scene down there and was starting to really settle in when the city had it's biggest flood in state history in May of 2010. Unfortunatly I had to pack up and move back to MI. I started my own furniture buisness and did home remods when I came back home and it was going pretty well.

I heard about wholesaling from a friend who was a builder so I decided to look into it. I have always love the flipping side of real estate so I figured why not give it a try. After my first deal I was hooked and have not looked back since!

I look forward to meeting successful, creative, passionate people that share the same desire to learn and network through BP.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to developing a long and fulfilling relationship!

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Involved In Real Estate · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2010 · 812 posts · 178 votes
12y
Originally posted by @Mike F.:
Hello all my new BP friends!

Thanks for taking the time to check me out. My name is Mike, i am 26 years old and I am a newer wholesaler from West Bloomfield, Michigan. I joined BP because I love networking with creative people and I am also looking to expand my list of investors and buyers in my area. I have been wholesaling for just over a year and have 3 deals under my belt.

Before I started the real estate route I was living in Nashville trying to make it as a singer/songwriter. I love the music scene down there and was starting to really settle in when the city had it's biggest flood in state history in May of 2010. Unfortunatly I had to pack up and move back to MI. I started my own furniture buisness and did home remods when I came back home and it was going pretty well.

I heard about wholesaling from a friend who was a builder so I decided to look into it. I have always love the flipping side of real estate so I figured why not give it a try. After my first deal I was hooked and have not looked back since!

I look forward to meeting successful, creative, passionate people that share the same desire to learn and network through BP.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to developing a long and fulfilling relationship!

Mike,

Welcome to the site. There's a BP meet up friday in livonia and I suggest joining a local REIA to expand your knowledge. Best of luck and if you ever need anything don't be afraid to reach out to some of the regular MI people. Most of them don't bite

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2008 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome!

    If you have nice houses with little equity you can lease option then assign to Tenant Buyer too!

    Brian

  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2013 · 788 posts · 285 votes
    12y

    Welcome Mike. 3 deals in the first year as a wholesaler - pretty good. The guru's say it's easy, but I often see quite the opposite. How have you been finding your deals? What types of properties are you targeting?

    There's a good group from MI on here. They have been organizing meetups in the area and really networking. I'm sure they will say welcome soon.

  • Keego Harbor, MI · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks for that info Brian G. Def something I will look into!

  • Keego Harbor, MI · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks for the response Bryan H.

    Yea I agree that it's made to seem a lot easier than it is. It comes to down a lot of patience and persistence from my experiences. I worked with a veteran investor for all three so I can't take full credit for them, but we split the deals and it was a great learning experience.

    Believe it or not Craigslist has been a secret weapon for me. I have found all the properties on there and found some cash investor as well. It takes a lot of weeding out of the tire kickers but def a great resource.

  • Investor · Macomb, MI · Member since 2013 · 654 posts · 115 votes
    12y

    welcome @Mike F. . @Bryan H. is correct. A few months back I wanted to start a local meetup. So I contacted @Tom A. to help me with it and it has turned out great.

    Here is the link for this months event https://www.facebook.com/events/535074366590057/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

    Hope to see you there

  • Farmington Hills, MI · Member since 2011 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Hey Mike,

    I'm Tiffany. I clicked on this because I'm in metro Detroit, too, but after reading your intro I see that we have a lot more in common. I too lived in Nashville before moving here, I am a newbie to REI, and at this point I plan to start with wholesaling. Great to meet you!

  • Landlord · Flat Rock, MI · Member since 2011 · 179 posts · 26 votes
    12y

    Welcome Mike! And, might I say, welcome Tiffany!

  • Investor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2014 · 39 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Welcome !

  • Jeff LubeskiPro Member
    Investor · Hartland, MI · Member since 2013 · 60 posts · 6 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Mike F.
    I also am in the metro-Detroit area.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Greeley, CO · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome Mike! You found a great resource.

  • Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2012 · 119 posts · 64 votes
    12y

    Welcome to the site. Fellow Metro Detroit RE investor here.

  • Investor · West Bloomfield, MI · Member since 2009 · 358 posts · 306 votes
    12y

    Hello @Mike F. and @Tiffany V.! Welcome to the Biggerpockets forum. It's a great place for gaining knowledge and getting to know other investors. As Aaron mentioned we have a monthly meetup that's a great way to meet other local investors. I also recommend checking out some local REIAs.

  • Keego Harbor, MI · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks to everyone here for taking the time to say hello and making me feel welcomed, I really appreciate it!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2010 · 812 posts · 178 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Mike F.:
    Hello all my new BP friends!

    Thanks for taking the time to check me out. My name is Mike, i am 26 years old and I am a newer wholesaler from West Bloomfield, Michigan. I joined BP because I love networking with creative people and I am also looking to expand my list of investors and buyers in my area. I have been wholesaling for just over a year and have 3 deals under my belt.

    Before I started the real estate route I was living in Nashville trying to make it as a singer/songwriter. I love the music scene down there and was starting to really settle in when the city had it's biggest flood in state history in May of 2010. Unfortunatly I had to pack up and move back to MI. I started my own furniture buisness and did home remods when I came back home and it was going pretty well.

    I heard about wholesaling from a friend who was a builder so I decided to look into it. I have always love the flipping side of real estate so I figured why not give it a try. After my first deal I was hooked and have not looked back since!

    I look forward to meeting successful, creative, passionate people that share the same desire to learn and network through BP.

    Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to developing a long and fulfilling relationship!

    Mike,

    Welcome to the site. There's a BP meet up friday in livonia and I suggest joining a local REIA to expand your knowledge. Best of luck and if you ever need anything don't be afraid to reach out to some of the regular MI people. Most of them don't bite

  • Rental Property Investor · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2011 · 60 posts · 26 votes
    12y

    Hey Mike- welcome- what cities were the 3 wholesale deals in? What cities are you targeting? Please let me know if you find anything in Ferndale, Berkley, or Royal Oak. Or all 3:) I'm looking to flip properties in those cities. Hopefully you're going to the meetup on Friday- If so I'll see you there.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Mike F. welcome to BP!

  • Keego Harbor, MI · Member since 2014 · 16 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks Brandon!

  • Indianapolis , IN · Member since 2013 · 59 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Mike F. 

    Sorry for the delay, how are your Real Estate ventures going?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.