New guy from the Netherlands starting out with TLC's and Deeds in Florida

New guy from the Netherlands starting out with TLC's and Deeds in Florida

Dronten, Flevoland · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone,

A couple of months ago I heard from a friend that he's very successful with Tax Liens and Deeds. I got excited and start looking around. That's how I got on BP where I can find a lot of useful information.

So....
I've setup an LLC, still in the phase to get an EIN and start looking at several Counties in Florida (Lee, Orange County, Miami Dade). I've got '14 steps' to do my research and I've added a few of my self. My main focus is flipping (Capital Gain) but if I ran into property that could be rented (CashFlow), well, who knows.

I'm still in the process figuring out how all TAX-related stuff works, especially when getting some profits to the Netherlands. Could really use some help with that.

I'm doing my research during the evenings and weekends. I work as a maintenance manager at an internet company. I'm married, have 2 kids and love to ride in my Range Rover Classic, both on- and off-road.

Would love to get in contact with people that are also from the Netherlands and are investing in Real Estate.

0Reply
10 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Maastricht, The Netherlands · Member since 2013 · 131 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    Welkom, Tom!

    There's an international broker here who operates in both the Netherlands and the US, he'll help you out with the tax stuff.

    I'm investing in Maastricht and Liège (Belgium), so if you're also into national real estate, here you go!

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome. The "14 steps" scares me as it sounds like some "program" that may not apply to Fl. What are the 14 steps, and what have you learned about how certificates and tax deeds in Fl work.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 165 posts · 62 votes
    12y

    For the best info on tax deeds, watch this three minute video from Sandra Edmond, the president of the Central Florida Realty Investor's Assn.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEUyP4Uth14

    Good luck

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    Be very, very careful looking at Over The Counter certificates. They are available because no one else wanted them, and are the properties are often worth less than the taxes owed.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Tom Simonis welcome to BP!

  • Dronten, Flevoland · Member since 2013 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the welcome!

    @Wayne:
    These steps regards the 'filtering' on the requested TLC- and Deeds-lists. (i.e. SFH, Good school district, within budget, etc).

    Thanks for the 'warning' on the OTC-lists.

    @Ron:
    Very nice vid. Thanks for the tip!

    @Thierry:
    Not investing in the Netherlands. Did try to buy some in Germany. Canceled it due to lack of activity from the 'partner'.
    Looking forward to meet the 'international' broker.

  • Maastricht, The Netherlands · Member since 2013 · 131 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    @Erik Noordam , waar zit je?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.