Investor Clubs in Dallas Area

Investor Clubs in Dallas Area

Involved In Real Estate · Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2014 · 48 posts · 8 votes

Hello all.

This is my second new member introduction and I feel the first was a bit specific. I am from the Dallas area, and currently live in McKinney. I am beginning to transition into a new career and have been doing tireless research into real estate investing. I came across BP and just finished the free e-book today! Countless amounts of information! Anyways, one thing that I have read about on multiple sites is the importance of a mentor and/or some sort of investors' club. Does anyone have an experience with any clubs in the Dallas area, or have any recommendations. I currently have just about all of the time in the world to commit to learning and growing my knowledge on real estate.

I feel that my niche would be the buy and hold strategy to start of and eventually grow into some larger purchases. Ideally, I would love to purchase one property before year's end. I'm looking to get a single family home within 10-20 miles of my residence in order to be able to check on the property easily. I know that the Frisco, TX area has great schools and many people are moving into this growing area to start their families. Does anyone have experience investing in this area?

Any and all responses and information would be greatly appreciated.

0Reply
17 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Irving, TX · Member since 2012 · 175 posts · 76 votes
    12y

    @anthony, Welcome to bigger pockets. My wife and I are members with Lifestyles Unlimited. There are a lot of great people to network with at their monthly case studies. My wife and I are getting into multifamily investing with their help. I am in corinth just south of Denton . Let me know if I can be of any help.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2014 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    @Jeff Richardson Thanks for your reply. I did come across Lifestyles Unlimited and am in the process of completing their 7 day workshop that they offer. How often do they meet?

  • Lender · Irving, TX · Member since 2012 · 175 posts · 76 votes
    12y

    @Anthony Armstrong, they have a monthly meeting for networking and Iif you become a member there are additional classes that you can attend.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Anthony Armstrong thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts."

    See you around the site!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2013 · 619 posts · 128 votes
    12y

    @Anthony Armstrong welcome to BP!

    I know of 2 clubs that meet monthly (at a minimum):

    TX REIC - http://www.meetup.com/Texasrealestateinvestorscircle-com/

    North TX REI - http://ntarei.com/about/

    There is also a FB group for Dallas BP members!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Mc Kinney, TX · Member since 2014 · 48 posts · 8 votes
    12y

    @Gautam Venkatesan Hey thanks for that information!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.