New to Real Estate · Seattle, WA · Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 8 votes
Hi BP Community!
New to the real estate investor life, while a longer story I fell into the space after an ugly breakup a few months ago where I turned my first home in Lake Stevens, WA into a LTR. Additionally, looking to save to build a family vacation house for STR in Ocean Shores.
While not the best way to fall into the industry I've been falling in love with it and excited to keep learning/growing my connections in the space. I've since learned a lot about measures I should of taken to protect myself, assumable loans (lol), working on getting my real estate license, getting my notary (LSA) in a few weeks, and have been making friends that have STR or renting rooms in their homes.
Like others my long-term goal is to expand my real estate portfolio, make connections, and of course financial freedom/security.
Excited to learn and connect with others in the industry. Hoping to meet other newbies to grow/learn together and maybe a mentor.
Lender · Saddle Brook, NJ · Member since 2023 · 431 posts · 231 votes
3y
Welcome to the industry, Sara!
While I am not that familiar with the Seattle market, I would love to possibly discuss how investor loans could potentially benefit your STR purchased or any other investment purchased you make!
Real Estate Broker · Aberdeen, WA · Member since 2015 · 101 posts · 74 votes
3y
STRs in Ocean Shores are challenging - the city has rules against STR in most of the city and they are actively working on enforcement (more than they used to). Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to discuss it more.
While I am not that familiar with the Seattle market, I would love to possibly discuss how investor loans could potentially benefit your STR purchased or any other investment purchased you make!
Thank you! Would love to chat, always excited to learn more. While I may not be ready to move on an property yet, always nice to make connections to learn from others on top of watching youtube videos
STRs in Ocean Shores are challenging - the city has rules against STR in most of the city and they are actively working on enforcement (more than they used to). Feel free to get in touch if you'd like to discuss it more.
Has the area recovered from the Spotted Owl fiasco?