Tenacity in the Heart of Indy

Tenacity in the Heart of Indy

Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 1 vote

Hey everyone,

Hopping right on into things here.

Over the summer I reached out to a former math teacher I had in middle school. He owns about a dozen or so properties. I had a couple questions for him about investing and rentals. Those questions turned into a pretty nice relationship that ultimately had me mowing yards and re-roofing..

The nice thing is though, that was my ticket. I worked my *** off for this guy so he would see my burning desire to pursue a similar future. I wanted him to "like" me, if you will.

Since, he has had me back multiple times to help with other odd jobs whenever the properties need something. As of last weekend, we are setting up a time to get together and talk about my plan to getting my first house or houses.

I've blown through books these past couple days trying to learn everything I can about this business. It's been a long time since I've been so passionate and dedicated to learning something. I'm excited for what is to come and any of the connections BiggerPockets may yield.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know me.

Tenaciously,

Daniel Mieldazis

Indianapolis

1Reply
30 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jean BolgerPro Member
    Aurora, CO · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Fantastic, Daniel! Between your in-the-flesh mentor (it IS all about the math, after all) and BP you'll go far, I'm sure

  • Real Estate Investor · Zionsville, IN · Member since 2013 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Daniel Mieldazis I too am operating in the Indianapolis vibrant market, good luck out here.

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    @Daniel Mieldazis Welcome to BP and the world of investing. You're in a great market there in Indy. Feel free to reach out anytime.

  • Jerry W.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Thermopolis, WY · Member since 2012 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Daniel Mieldazis . Having a mentor and being in the great market you are in is a winning combination. please keep us updated on your progress and feel free to run the numbers on the forum for feedback.

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. With that kind of response to a simple introduction post, I'm looking forward to the benefits of BP.

    Thanks again.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 557 votes
    12y

    Welcome @Daniel Mieldazis it sounds like you're on the right path! Indy is a great market to live and invest in.

    If you haven't already set some aggressive goals, here is a great podcast that will point you the right direction. The first half, like all of his podasts, discusses wholesaling. The rest is about agressive goal setting. I followed this method in 2013 - it worked amazing.

    Good luck.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    The teacher keeps teaching! Welcome Daniel, and good job in working hard at work and learning.

  • Real Estate Attorney, Broker, Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 207 posts · 58 votes
    12y

    Daniel,

    Welcome to the BP Community! It's a wealth of information and invaluable network of fellow entrepreneurs.

    If I can ever be of assistance in the Indianapolis market, please feel free to contact me.

    Happy Investing!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hi Daniel , and welcome to BP! I'm a "fix and hold" investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! But you'll find a variety of every type of investor on the site, and everyone is amazingly helpful. Some pointers for you: The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do BP members! You can click on the "vote" button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are "awards" to earn on your profile. And you can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name at the bottom of the message box. Welcome to the site, and good luck in everything!

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Again guys, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of support and encouragement I've already encountered through BP. I can confidently say I'm going to be a long time user. Thanks again, and I'll be sure to pay it forward when I reach a point in life where I can be the teacher.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.