Longtime lurker finally getting his feet wet

Longtime lurker finally getting his feet wet

New to Real Estate · Pittsboro, NC · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 4 votes

Hey everybody!

I want to formally introduce myself after years as a casual observer. My wife and I are moving back from the UK this spring and I'm excited to finally get my feet wet. I've made it a goal to get more involved in the BP community and network hard in my local area. If any BP's members from the triangle area see this I'd love to connect! I'm interested in STR's but definitely feel a pull towards multi-families as well.

My first play is to finish a mother-in-law apartment above our detached garage and list it as a STR. I want to put in as much sweat equity as I can to keep the remodel costs as low as possible while contracting out electrical, plumbing and HVAC. If anyone has experience with a similar project or has a contractor they love I'd love to talk.

- Zach

0Reply
28 views

Most Popular Reply

River SavaPro Member
Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y

Hey Zach, welcome to the forums!

I am in CLT and would love to connect. I work in the STR/MF space so I am happy to be a resource and help where I can. Shoot me a DM if you want to chat further!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cory J ThorntonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2021 · 240 posts · 281 votes
    2y

    @Zach Strong - Jump in and don't lose momentum! Starting with a house hack and building a network is an awesome first step. 

    I would strongly recommend checking out the Triangle Real Estate Investor Association, going to the monthly BP Meet up in Raleigh and attending the Raleigh Pints and Property events. 

    If you have specific network needs or market questions, then reply in this forum and the BP community will help you push forward! 

  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hey Zach, welcome to the forums!

    I am in CLT and would love to connect. I work in the STR/MF space so I am happy to be a resource and help where I can. Shoot me a DM if you want to chat further!

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsboro, NC · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    @Cory J Thornton thanks for the tips, I’ll be sure to check out the BP meet ups and the Pints and Property events.

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsboro, NC · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    @River Sava thank you for the comment, I’ll be sure to reach out as questions arise!

  • Wholesaler · Texas, USA · Member since 2022 · 139 posts · 40 votes
    2y

    Congrats on getting your feet wet. 

    Make sure you get the permits you need, if any are required in your area! That is a lesson that is no fun to learn the hard way. 

  • New to Real Estate · Pittsboro, NC · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    @Morgan Gutierrez Yes! I’ve been wary about that - read too many horror stories.

  • Realtor · Raleigh-Durham, NC · Member since 2018 · 324 posts · 218 votes
    2y

    Hi @Zach Strong welcome! I am currently doing a garage conversion as well. I have some STR's as well as small multis and would be happy to connect

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.