Boston 1-4 unit residential investor just joined BP Pro

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melanie P.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes
    2y

    What does 1-4 unit investor mean?

  • James MurphyPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2024 · 18 posts · 16 votes
    2y

    I purchase residential homes to rent that have more than one apartment like duplexes, triplexes and quadplexes.  Essentially one to four apartments in each home.

    Thank you,

    James

  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2019 · 47 posts · 22 votes
    2y

    Welcome @James Murphy. I live in a two family in Dorchester. Are you also local to Boston or investing here long distance?

  • James MurphyPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2024 · 18 posts · 16 votes
    2y

    Thank you @James Likis.  Yes, I am local to Boston.  My objective is to look for two family homes and three family homes in Dorchester and surrounding areas during the 1st half of 2024.

  • Investor · Boston MA & Providence, RI · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    2y

    Hello Murphy,

    I'm also considering investing in the area. It's nice to connect with like-minded people and learn from their experience.

    if you want to chat, message me !

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome! There's a few of us here. Have you started your investing yet? Whats' the motivation to target Dorchester specifically? 

  • James MurphyPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2024 · 18 posts · 16 votes
    2y

    Thank you Lien.  I currently own and live in a 3-family home.  I have previously owned and sold other investment property.  Dorchester is based on proximity to my home and my familiarity with the neighborhood.

    I will send you a direct message with a separate question regarding if you know of any good contractors for apartment renovation.

    Thank you,

    James

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.