New Investors and happy to be here

New Investors and happy to be here

Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 4 votes

Hi Everyone!

My name is Michelle Gorham, and my husband Daren and I are new to RE Investing.  We have turned our personal home into a rental property in Vancouver, WA, and in November, we purchased our first RE Investing deal in La Grande, OR.  This is where my husband grew up, and we have decided to move back since we are empty nesters now.  

The main purpose of getting into investing is to pay off existing debt and to supplement our retirement with passive income from rental properties.

We are excited to be here!

2Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 205 posts · 107 votes
2y
Quote from @Michelle Gorham:
Quote from @Nate Meeker:

@Michelle Gorham congratulations! The first step in REI is always the hardest. I have been partnering with my dad on several investment deals now to help with passive income and retirement as well. Do you know where your husband and you are planning on investing next?

 @Nate Meeker Thank you! I think I will be looking at Murfreesboro, TN for my next deal. Looking for a rental property, one that I can use the BRRR method on.

 @Michelle Gorham Murfreesboro is a great rental market! There is strong growth with the proximity to Nashville but a little easier to make the numbers work. I see you are in the Pacific Northwest - what made you choose M'boro? I am local lender in the area and also own a few LTR's in the Boro. If you'd like a connection to an investor friendly agent in the area, please feel free to pm me. I have used him on several transactions and he's great and is also very involved in the local meetups in the area if you are looking off-market. 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Denver McClurePro Member
    Financial Advisor · Flower Mound, TX · Member since 2018 · 659 posts · 479 votes
    2y

    Welcome @Michelle Gorham! Feel free to reach out if you need anything. We are all friendly here!

  • Nate MeekerBusiness Member
    Real Estate CPA | California · Member since 2020 · 543 posts · 251 votes
    2y

    @Michelle Gorham congratulations! The first step in REI is always the hardest. I have been partnering with my dad on several investment deals now to help with passive income and retirement as well. Do you know where your husband and you are planning on investing next?

    The CPA Realtor 569 Reviews
  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Nate Meeker:

    @Michelle Gorham congratulations! The first step in REI is always the hardest. I have been partnering with my dad on several investment deals now to help with passive income and retirement as well. Do you know where your husband and you are planning on investing next?

     @Nate Meeker Thank you! I think I will be looking at Murfreesboro, TN for my next deal. Looking for a rental property, one that I can use the BRRR method on.

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 205 posts · 107 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Michelle Gorham:
    Quote from @Nate Meeker:

    @Michelle Gorham congratulations! The first step in REI is always the hardest. I have been partnering with my dad on several investment deals now to help with passive income and retirement as well. Do you know where your husband and you are planning on investing next?

     @Nate Meeker Thank you! I think I will be looking at Murfreesboro, TN for my next deal. Looking for a rental property, one that I can use the BRRR method on.

     @Michelle Gorham Murfreesboro is a great rental market! There is strong growth with the proximity to Nashville but a little easier to make the numbers work. I see you are in the Pacific Northwest - what made you choose M'boro? I am local lender in the area and also own a few LTR's in the Boro. If you'd like a connection to an investor friendly agent in the area, please feel free to pm me. I have used him on several transactions and he's great and is also very involved in the local meetups in the area if you are looking off-market. 

  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jamie Jones:
    Quote from @Michelle Gorham:
    Quote from @Nate Meeker:

    @Michelle Gorham congratulations! The first step in REI is always the hardest. I have been partnering with my dad on several investment deals now to help with passive income and retirement as well. Do you know where your husband and you are planning on investing next?

     @Nate Meeker Thank you! I think I will be looking at Murfreesboro, TN for my next deal. Looking for a rental property, one that I can use the BRRR method on.

     @Michelle Gorham Murfreesboro is a great rental market! There is strong growth with the proximity to Nashville but a little easier to make the numbers work. I see you are in the Pacific Northwest - what made you choose M'boro? I am local lender in the area and also own a few LTR's in the Boro. If you'd like a connection to an investor friendly agent in the area, please feel free to pm me. I have used him on several transactions and he's great and is also very involved in the local meetups in the area if you are looking off-market. 

    @Jamie Jones Thank you!  When I am ready to look into that market, I will pm you.  I am looking in that area since my son just moved over there.  I will be looking for a duplex or tri-plex probably starting in March.

  • Lender · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 205 posts · 107 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Michelle Gorham:
    Quote from @Jamie Jones:
    Quote from @Michelle Gorham:
    Quote from @Nate Meeker:

    @Michelle Gorham congratulations! The first step in REI is always the hardest. I have been partnering with my dad on several investment deals now to help with passive income and retirement as well. Do you know where your husband and you are planning on investing next?

     @Nate Meeker Thank you! I think I will be looking at Murfreesboro, TN for my next deal. Looking for a rental property, one that I can use the BRRR method on.

     @Michelle Gorham Murfreesboro is a great rental market! There is strong growth with the proximity to Nashville but a little easier to make the numbers work. I see you are in the Pacific Northwest - what made you choose M'boro? I am local lender in the area and also own a few LTR's in the Boro. If you'd like a connection to an investor friendly agent in the area, please feel free to pm me. I have used him on several transactions and he's great and is also very involved in the local meetups in the area if you are looking off-market. 

    @Jamie Jones Thank you!  When I am ready to look into that market, I will pm you.  I am looking in that area since my son just moved over there.  I will be looking for a duplex or tri-plex probably starting in March.

     Sounds good @Michelle Gorham, talk soon! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.