Maine Broker new to investing

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
2y

Hi Melanie,

Welcome to the community. I am looking to sell my property in Rumford, Maine and would love to chat with you to see if you are interested or have any leads.

Thanks,

Peter

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    2y

    @Melanie Crane

    welcome. 

    stay local.  

    go to all the REIA meetings within 1-2 hours and talk to everyone there.

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Melanie! 

    -Julio

  • Patrick McCannPro Member
    Realtor · NH · Member since 2022 · 112 posts · 59 votes
    2y

    Hi Melanie, I’m just on the other side of the Piscataqua river in NH. I think Maine has potential for good opportunity right now, a lot growth in Portland and southern Maine. Surrounding areaS could be good to look into.

  • Real Estate Agent · Portland · Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Thank you, Pat! Appreciate your insight. I agree!

  • Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    Hi Melanie,

    Welcome to the community. I am looking to sell my property in Rumford, Maine and would love to chat with you to see if you are interested or have any leads.

    Thanks,

    Peter

  • Real Estate Agent · Kennebunk, ME · Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 30 votes
    2y

    Hi Melanie, I have a building in South Portland and Lewiston currently, and also bought and sold one in Biddeford previously. Maine is a great state for investing, some things that take a little getting used to but all in all its a great play. First recommendation is to go to the BP meetup in Portland. Dan Weber usually hosts it, and its where I got my start. Lots of good investors with great advice there, usually it takes place the second Wednesday of the month at a local brewery.

    Aside from that, if you have any questions let me know, I'd love to help out if I can!

  • Jen WhiteheadPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Southern Maine · Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 36 votes
    2y

    Hi Melanie, That's so exciting!!! I have a duplex in Westbrook and Buxton coming on the market this spring.

    We have had long term rentals in Westbrook and Washington DC but I have a lot of fun with our STR rentals in OOB and Little Sebago Lake. During the winter, I'm able to rent them out mid term. They've given me the best return, especially the OOB property.

    What type of investment properties will you start with?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.