Gearing Up for My First Fix and Flip, Future BRRRR Enthusiast Here!

Gearing Up for My First Fix and Flip, Future BRRRR Enthusiast Here!

Investor · Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 5 votes

Hey everyone!

I'm Matt, and I'm stoked to join this community as I prep for my first real estate venture – a fix and flip set to unfold this year. Can't wait to absorb insights from all of you seasoned pros!

My ultimate goal? Diving into the BRRRR method, building a portfolio of single-family and multi-family doors. Excited to share my journey and learn from yours. Let's connect!

Cheers,
Matt Dangerfield
1Reply
45 views

Most Popular Reply

Jake BakerBusiness Member
Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 695 votes
2y

My first investment was a house hack in Long Beach when I graduated from college. Next was a simple rental property in Jacksonville that needed like $8k of rehab. I took baby steps to the point now that I raise money from investors. You don't have to hit home runs every time. Real estate is a long game. 

BookkeepingRE - Bookkeeping for Real Estate & Service-Based Businesses58 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · TN · Member since 2010 · 294 posts · 160 votes
    2y

    Matthew,

    Congratulations on your decision to become an investor. I would challenge you to set a goal of when you will buy your first investment property and then work to make it happen. Keep us up to date on your first project. Let me know if I can be of any help.

  • Jake BakerBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 695 votes
    2y

    @Matthew Dangerfield

    Hi Matt, congrats on your new venture! and great last name! The BRRRR method is great and my number 1 mode of investing

    BookkeepingRE - Bookkeeping for Real Estate & Service-Based Businesses58 Reviews
  • Investor · Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Shawn Parsh:

    Matthew,

    Congratulations on your decision to become an investor. I would challenge you to set a goal of when you will buy your first investment property and then work to make it happen. Keep us up to date on your first project. Let me know if I can be of any help.


     Thanks Shawn,

    I'm getting close to that stage. Looking to sell current condo in Brickell Miami this summer. Doesn't look like I'll be able to rent it to cover mortgage, so my next move will be 100% investment mentality

  • Investor · Member since 2024 · 10 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jake Baker:

    @Matthew Dangerfield

    Hi Matt, congrats on your new venture! and great last name! The BRRRR method is great and my number 1 mode of investing


    Thanks Jake! Was your first investment a BRRRR or did you start with a fix-n-flip?

  • Jake BakerBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 695 votes
    2y

    My first investment was a house hack in Long Beach when I graduated from college. Next was a simple rental property in Jacksonville that needed like $8k of rehab. I took baby steps to the point now that I raise money from investors. You don't have to hit home runs every time. Real estate is a long game. 

    BookkeepingRE - Bookkeeping for Real Estate & Service-Based Businesses58 Reviews
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome to the BP family @Matthew Dangerfield, you came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing.

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Best of luck investing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.