Embarking on a Real Estate Journey: Seeking Knowledge and Connections

Embarking on a Real Estate Journey: Seeking Knowledge and Connections

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi, I’m Ilya. I’ve always felt a sense of curiosity whenever I passed a construction site. I still do and would like to explore this part of me.

I’m here to “get into RE”, to learn and to meet wonderful like-minded individuals and mentors.

Look forward to embarking on this journey.

0Reply
15 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ilya Alper:

    Hi, I’m Ilya. I’ve always felt a sense of curiosity whenever I passed a construction site. I still do and would like to explore this part of me.

    I’m here to “get into RE”, to learn and to meet wonderful like-minded individuals and mentors.

    Look forward to embarking on this journey.


    Hello Ilya!

    There aren't too many neighborhoods in NY without several construction sites so I can only imagine how this curiosity has continued to grow.

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets forum... great place to connect with other investors and learn everything there is to know about RE investing.

    What are some goals you have in mind?

    Are you looking to get into the construction side of things? House-flipping, buying rentals...?

    A few things that new BiggerPockets members do to get themselves out there and start forming valuable connections:

    1. use the 'search' function to find topics, members and areas of interest . Get answers to your questions and find people using these BP features!

    2. Set up keyword alerts (i.e. "first deal", "new construction", "fix and flip") so that you can receive notifications once a topic or area of interest in mentioned in one of the forums. Its a great way to stay current!

    3. Check out the Events to find local and virtual meet ups

    4. complete your BP profile - Include website links, social media handles, or other online profiles so that people can find you. Be as detailed and specific as possible when mentioning your future plans, experience level, etc. This will help people connect with you after determining how their goals, services and resources align with yours

    I hope this helps!

    Abel

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Abel Curiel:
    Quote from @Ilya Alper:

    Hi, I’m Ilya. I’ve always felt a sense of curiosity whenever I passed a construction site. I still do and would like to explore this part of me.

    I’m here to “get into RE”, to learn and to meet wonderful like-minded individuals and mentors.

    Look forward to embarking on this journey.


    Hello Ilya!

    There aren't too many neighborhoods in NY without several construction sites so I can only imagine how this curiosity has continued to grow.

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets forum... great place to connect with other investors and learn everything there is to know about RE investing.

    What are some goals you have in mind?

    Are you looking to get into the construction side of things? House-flipping, buying rentals...?

    A few things that new BiggerPockets members do to get themselves out there and start forming valuable connections:

    1. use the 'search' function to find topics, members and areas of interest . Get answers to your questions and find people using these BP features!

    2. Set up keyword alerts (i.e. "first deal", "new construction", "fix and flip") so that you can receive notifications once a topic or area of interest in mentioned in one of the forums. Its a great way to stay current!

    3. Check out the Events to find local and virtual meet ups

    4. complete your BP profile - Include website links, social media handles, or other online profiles so that people can find you. Be as detailed and specific as possible when mentioning your future plans, experience level, etc. This will help people connect with you after determining how their goals, services and resources align with yours

    I hope this helps!

    Abel


    Thanks Abel!

    I’m looking to follow my curiosity to open up new possibilities, opportunities, and become financially independent in the process, to the degree it is possible.

    I’m new to RE and exploring, so I don’t know exactly what I want yet. I think it’d be really cool to take a piece of land, envision a development and make the vision come to life.

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Hi Ilya, welcome to the community! There is a great group of members on here to connect with! 

    -Julio

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Thanks Julio, appreciate you taking the time to write.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.