New to Real Estate · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 2 votes
Good evening everyone,
My name is Dalton Uphoff, and as the title says, I’m looking to invest in a househack in TN, by the end of the year. I currently work as a traveling industrial electrician, but will be getting off the road come September as I’d like more stability, and I really want to househack. By the end of September, I will have 25k saved up to use on a property (outside of my personal emergency fund of course). I know with certainty that I would like to live in TN as a result of my travels, and specifically Chattanooga, or Knoxville TN, of which I am currently doing market research. The hope is that I’ll be able to find a traditional househack, although I am not opposed to doing a rent by the room scenario if I am unable to find a suitable traditional deal. I am already so thankful for the bigger pockets ecosystem in providing so much helpful information. I look forward to becoming more involved within the forums, and meeting like minded people! Any thoughts or questions are welcome!
Real Estate Broker · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 3 votes
2y
Hello Dalton! Chattanooga is a wonderful place to live, work and play. I own five doors and am the managing broker of Uptown Firm, a boutique firm that focuses on real estate investing and development. I’d love to help you find the right property. Let me know when we can connnect.
Investor · Chattanooga · Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 18 votes
2y
Hi Dalton. Just sent you a connect request and a message. Sounds like a great plan. We've done exactly this with my middle son, and three of his friends...find their first house that has rental space that they can leverage to offset most if not all of their mortgage. My wife (Shannon Miller) is a realtor with Keller Williams and we both are investors (we love to find these type of value-add houses for us too!). Reach back out to me and I'm sure you can find something great for you. Never too early to start the conversation!