New Investor Minneapolis, MN - Twin Cities Area

New Investor Minneapolis, MN - Twin Cities Area

Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote

Hello!

I am a senior at the University of Minnesota studying accounting and finance. Like many, I am looking to real estate to achieve financial freedom. I am in no rush and look to consistently and wisely develop my business over the next 30-40 years. I have found real estate an interesting topic with tremendous potential!

Currently, I am learning about single family flips and buy-and-hold multi-family units. Over the next few years I will be starting full-time employment at a large accounting firm and potentially moving to a warmer state (it's too cold here!).

Please feel free to contact me any time! I look forward to networking and learning from all of you and hopefully I can provide some valuable insight for you all as well.

0Reply
17 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2012 · 128 posts · 56 votes
    12y

    Hi Ashish, I was just at the UofM-Carlson School on Monday for an event. My husband is an alum, and after college started at KPMG. You have similar career paths - and I'm with you on the weather issue.

    We're also investors, so feel free to connect.

    Susan

  • Glen Allen, VA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    12y
    Ashish, Great meeting you. I am also a new investor it would be great to connect. Talk with you soon: Rahmell
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Ashish J. Welcome! You've definitely come to the right place to learn more about investing. If you haven't yet, be sure to check out the The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing and The BiggerPockets Podcast. They are both great at learning the fundamentals.

    Also - be sure to check out House Flipping: The Best of BiggerPockets. I think you'll find a lot of great resources on flipping there.

    Oh - and don't forget to set up your Keyword Alerts!

    See you around the site!

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    Welcome to biggerpockets

  • Real Estate Broker · Saint Paul, MN · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Welcome Ashish. We are both starting out in the real estate business just from different starting points. I spent too many years in the 8-5 corporate finance rat race. But my best friend finally convinced me to join his firm as a commercial loan broker. I am opening their first branch in the Twin Cities area; however, my true passion is to learn the industry and start investing myself.

    I'm definitely not a paid spokesman for BiggerPockets, but this site has been terrific. A lot of helpful people and great information resources. Good luck on your investment goals and feel free to reach out. Take care.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2014 · 34 posts · 24 votes
    12y

    Hey Ashish! I'm a new investor in the area as well, maybe we can connect and discuss our plans! Would love to meet someone around my age with similar goals to start this with.

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    @Account Closed Thanks for the warm welcome! I am interested in learning more about your businesses and experiences in the corporate world. Good luck on your starting your business!

    @Account Closed It'd be fantastic to meet and discuss our plans. I enjoy learning what drives and motivates people. I'll PM you once I get my scheduled sorted out (midterms!).

  • Real Estate Broker · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    Welcome Ashish,

    I would recommend some feet on ground experience. Hopefully you can find someone within the group that might need help screening or showing rentals as a way to start. The fixer-upper education part is also vitality important if you want to build value as you invest. I'm sure there's someone out there that would put you to work demoing or basic cosmetic work - find that mentor.

    Build from within - hands on learning is the quickest way to gain confidence.

    Paul

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.