What is the best part of biggerpockets?

What is the best part of biggerpockets?

Andrew JacksonPro Member
Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote

I'm new to bigger pockets.  I am closing on my third single family home rental.  However, this will be the first one that I will be managing.  Biggerpockets is a large website.  I'm still trying to navigate it. What tools and parts of the website do you find most useful?

0Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Erik EstradaBusiness Member
Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
2y
Quote from @Andrew Jackson:

I'm new to bigger pockets.  I am closing on my third single family home rental.  However, this will be the first one that I will be managing.  Biggerpockets is a large website.  I'm still trying to navigate it. What tools and parts of the website do you find most useful?


 Honestly, the networking is the best. There are many people here on the forums that are so resourceful and can give advice to almost any hurdle in your journey

LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    Reading, learning, and contributing to the forums.

    The podcasts are great but I usually skip the episodes that don't apply to my market, or when guests get start talking about overly leveraged deals. 

  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Andrew Jackson:

    I'm new to bigger pockets.  I am closing on my third single family home rental.  However, this will be the first one that I will be managing.  Biggerpockets is a large website.  I'm still trying to navigate it. What tools and parts of the website do you find most useful?


     Honestly, the networking is the best. There are many people here on the forums that are so resourceful and can give advice to almost any hurdle in your journey

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Andrew! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa Bay Area · Member since 2020 · 39 posts · 35 votes
    2y

    The forums, where users can ask questions, share experiences, and get advice from experienced investors. The forums used to be more active and helpful in the past, but still contain valuable insights.The blog and podcast, which provide educational content and tips for real estate investing. While some feel they have become too commercialized, others still find them useful for learning.The property listings and tools like calculators and rent estimators that can aid in analyzing potential deals.The local meetup groups that allow investors to network and connect in their area.Overall, BiggerPockets is seen as a good free resource for beginner real estate investors to learn the basics, though the quality and trustworthiness of the content is debated, especially after the company was sold. As with any platform, users need to filter through the information critically.

  • Tiamo WrightPro Member
    Denver · Member since 2021 · 148 posts · 126 votes
    2y

    The community!! Amazing people sharing advice, challenges they have experienced as well as successes. Beyond that I could name a ton of tangible site benefits of subscriptions like all the calculators, discounts with partners like Home Depot, the great reports and webinars with tons of data on current markets and trends or the landlord forms just to name a few. 

    So glad you are here!

  • Realtor · Columbus OH & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 45 posts · 42 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Andrew Jackson:

    I'm new to bigger pockets.  I am closing on my third single family home rental.  However, this will be the first one that I will be managing.  Biggerpockets is a large website.  I'm still trying to navigate it. What tools and parts of the website do you find most useful?


    There is a ton that this platform has to offer. I would recommend just checking out all the different tabs at the top of your screen, networking as much as possible, and reading the BP audiobooks when you're driving. 

  • Andrew JacksonPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    Thank you all for the advice.  I will start diving in.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.