New Investor in Huntsville

New Investor in Huntsville

Real Estate Broker · NY/NJ/PA · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hi All!

I just took a leap and bought. my first two investment properties in the greater Huntsville area as a out of state investor!   Would love to touch base with other ltr investors in the area!

1Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Steve StinsonBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2021 · 93 posts · 83 votes
2y

Thanks for the shout-out @River Sava.

Steve Stinson - Keller Williams Realty Huntsville5164 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Hey Jane! 

    That's amazing, congratulations. 

    New investor here too! I am also looking in the Huntsville area! Would love to touch base. I am currently in Fort Worth, Texas.  

  • Real Estate Broker · NY/NJ/PA · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    2y

     Absolutley.... now if I can only get them rented!

  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender · USA · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y

    Congrats Jane!!

    I am originally from Huntsville, and it’s definitely becoming a hot market to invest in.

    If you ever are in need of an investor friendly agent, @Steve Stinson is wonderful. I am more than happy to connect as well!

  • Steve StinsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2021 · 93 posts · 83 votes
    2y

    Thanks for the shout-out @River Sava.

    Steve Stinson - Keller Williams Realty Huntsville5164 Reviews
  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
    2y

    @Jane Trust Ryan - congrats on your purchases.  What zip code(s) are your properties located?  Based on your comment, are you having issues with getting them rented?  

  • Real Estate Broker · NY/NJ/PA · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    @Michael S.. They are both in 35613.  I have only been listed a week so I am certainly not in panic mode by any means.   I also think I am dealing with August in general.... and as a northerner miscalculated the start of school in my head.  I definitely missed the get in before school crowd

  • Huntsville, AL · Member since 2018 · 577 posts · 864 votes
    2y

    @Jane Trust Ryan - interesting - did the individual who sold you the properties market these as "greater Huntsville area"?  Because they are squarely in the Athens / Limestone County area, and not even in the same county as Huntsville.  

    Now, that said, your location is still good as Athens is a growing area and I've heard positives about it from other investors - however, we do not invest there at all (we don't have anything west of the city of Madison), so I honestly couldn't give you any feedback on the rental market there.  Sorry.  Good luck with your properties.  

    @River Sava - correction - it "was" a hot market to invest in until 2024.  Not anymore.  

  • Lindsay DavisBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2019 · 326 posts · 203 votes
    2y

    @Jane Trust Ryan,

    Welcome to Huntsville and the world of real estate!

    I’m active in Huntsville and manage about 2,000 turnkey properties in Alabama for out of state investors. Let me know if you have any questions—I’d be happy to serve as a resource about the area!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.