I'm new here!

I'm new here!

Interior Decorator · Wilmington NC · Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 11 votes

Hi! My husband & I are new to real estate investing but not new to the world of real estate. I am a former interior designer and did a great deal of work staging homes for sale. My husband has worked for one of the largest national home builders for 23 years. We've lived in over 10 homes while raising our 3 children that we improved and sold. We are now looking to get serious about funding our retirement. We are interested in investing in coastal North & South Carolina.

1Reply
44 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    2y

    @Jenna M.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Bigger Pockets is a great place for education and networking and is full of great content.

    I recommend that you check out the following resources:

    1. Start by reading the Ultimate Real Estate Investing Guide: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides/ultimate-real-estate-investing-guide/introduction

    2. Check out other online guides available here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides

    3. Take a look at BP's blog where new articles are published every day: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog

    4. If you want to network or ask specific questions about your local market, go to your local real estate forum and connect with investors from your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/86-local-real-estate-networking

    5. You can meet local investors by registering to attend real estate events in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-events-and-happenings

    6. BP has various tools to help you analyze your deals (rentals, flips, wholesale, etc). : https://www.biggerpockets.com/investment-calculators

    7. If you can't find what you're looking for, try the Bigger Pockets Fileplace. It contains hundreds of files such as ebooks, checklists and spreadsheets for real estate investors: https://www.biggerpockets.com/files

    Good luck.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Interior Decorator · Wilmington NC · Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 11 votes
    2y

    Thanks Bill! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Hampstead, NC · Member since 2024 · 107 posts · 54 votes
    1y

    Hi Jenna. Welcome to BB. I am relatively new here as well. I also have been in the Wilmington area for a short time. Love to connect to see if I can be of any help. 

  • Interior Decorator · Wilmington NC · Member since 2024 · 13 posts · 11 votes
    1y

    Hi Heath! I would love to meet up. My husband and I are excited to get started on our investing journey! We move into our house tomorrow in the Porter's Neck area. I see that you are in Hampstead. We're neighbors! Let's keep in touch and get together in the new year. Looking forward to meeting you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.