New Investor Excited to Learn and Make Connections

New Investor Excited to Learn and Make Connections

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 3 votes

Hey all!

I am excited to be joining this community of investors and learning from the wealth of knowledge available!

Last year I bought my first property at a foreclosure sale in Dane county, a small 2 bed 1 bath condo on the east side of Madison. It has been a long process, but I am finally living in it. I learned so much along the way, including navigating the legal process needed to remove previous owners (squatters) who did not want to leave. Once I got into the property, the real work began. I filled up 4 dumpsters worth of trash, old carpet, furniture, and whatever other horrors the previous owners left behind. Then I began the remodel. I started by patching about a dozen (not small) holes in the wall, re-doing all the drywall in the bathroom, installing new shower plumbing, putting in recessed lighting, installing seamless LVP throughout, texturing/priming/painting all walls, installing new 5 inch pine baseboard all around, and installing custom bathroom vanity/pantry cabinets, and hanging new custom shaker doors in the kitchen. My fiancé and I did all the work ourselves and we are very proud of the result. 

I recently purchased a second foreclosure property, another condo on the east side, and am looking forward to flipping this one. 

Looking forward to connecting with those of you in the Madison area (and beyond)!

I will post some before/after pictures of the property if anyone is interested

My favorite room in the whole condo now
0Reply
30 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Madison, WI · Member since 2021 · 60 posts · 33 votes
1y

Hey Max... First of all, amazing job! I am so happy for you for jumping in and snagging foreclosures. Its a great way to get yourself into the RE investing game. I am an investor and realtor here in Madison as well. I'll send you a message - would love to connect!

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Madison, WI · Member since 2021 · 60 posts · 33 votes
    1y

    Hey Max... First of all, amazing job! I am so happy for you for jumping in and snagging foreclosures. Its a great way to get yourself into the RE investing game. I am an investor and realtor here in Madison as well. I'll send you a message - would love to connect!

  • Rental Property Investor · WI · Member since 2023 · 192 posts · 144 votes
    1y

    Hey Max, nice to meet you and welcome to Bigger Pockets!  This is a great place to connect and learn from others.  I am about an hour and a half from you in Sheboygan.  I have been at this since 2021 and have acquired 5 properties 7 doors in that time span.  Similar to you my wife and I do most of the work on our properties ourselves.  Getting into real estate has been a game changer for us financially and something I have grown to love.  If you ever have questions or are looking to bounce ideas off another local investor let me know.  I would be happy to share any of our systems, processes, or learnings.  Good luck on growing your portfolio!

  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2023 · 100 posts · 24 votes
    1y

    Hi Max,

    Wow - looks great! Congrats on the second property. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.