Motivated w/ Equity Newbie From San Antonio TX

Motivated w/ Equity Newbie From San Antonio TX

Flipper/Rehabber · Schertz, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes

Motivated w/ Equity Newbie From San Antonio TX

Hello Everyone my name is Xavier Matos I am a newbie in the real estate market I own 3 properties 2 of which are rentals. I am in the national guard and I am also a Network Security contractor at FT Sam Houston. My goals are to be able to work because I want to not because I have to.I'm looking at having 10 to 15 Rental properties in the next 8 -10 years. I came to Join the Bigger Pockets Team thanks to my Boss Joe Heath who is a pro member of the Bigger Pockets. Really excited to become financially free, change my family tree and give my family the life they deserve.

2Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 512 posts · 290 votes
12y
Edgardo Matos welcome. I am in San Antonio as well. We have 2 rentals in NW San Antonio. Happy to help you any way I can. I am a newbie myself but have lived here my entire life and know the city pretty well due to my line of work. Best of luck!!
See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 12 votes
    12y
    Welcome to the forums, Edgardo Matos ! I am also in the San Antonio area and have similar goals. I currently have one rental property and one home that I live in. What parts of San Antonio are you interested in?
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Schertz, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the Welcome post @JacobForbis, I'm interested in pretty much anywhere I can find a good deal I like to look at location and area reviews, but for now I'm researching areas near Selma, Schertz, Universal City, Converse ect....

  • Real Estate Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 14 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Welcome @Edgardo Matos, good luck with your goals, I know you'll do well!

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 512 posts · 290 votes
    12y
    Edgardo Matos welcome. I am in San Antonio as well. We have 2 rentals in NW San Antonio. Happy to help you any way I can. I am a newbie myself but have lived here my entire life and know the city pretty well due to my line of work. Best of luck!!
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Schertz, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thank you @Joseph Heath, I planned to connect with you and anyone willing to connect and help each other reach our goals.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Schertz, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thank you, @Will Prichet I am looking to learning and building a team with everyone here in Bigger Pockets.

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Edgardo Matos

    Welcome. Thanks for your service. Below is a summary of some resources here.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Schertz, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thank you Paul Timmins, very much for this post I will take a look at everything you suggested.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Edgardo Matos Welcome! Definitely start jumping into the community here! Be sure to read through The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing to help you get started.

    Finally -be sure to setup some keyword alerts - especially for "Schertz" so you can jump into local conversations.

    See you around the forums!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Schertz, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thank you Mr. Turner I really wasn't expecting a message from you at your level Bigger Pockets is awesome

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    @edgardo

    @Edgardo Matos We definitely should connect. That is the part of town I live in.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    San Antonio is the perfect market to pick up the cash flowing rentals you are looking for @Edgardo Matos I have a couple of rental properties myself and I definitely know how nice it is to see the cash flow plus the tax advantages of holding on to a property rather than flip. Have you done much research into the south side or near downtown? Are you utilizing a property management company?

    @Edgardo Matos

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Edgardo Matos! It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more.

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Wishing you the best!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Schertz, TX · Member since 2014 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thank you for your post Diego Guevara I really like San Antonio and as of right now im maneging the properties myself.I have, but im still dearly new to the real estate market so I try to do a lot of research.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.