College Student Eager to Learn — Any Advice for Breaking Into Real Estate?

College Student Eager to Learn — Any Advice for Breaking Into Real Estate?

San Diego · Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 4 votes

Hello,

My name is Zev Cohen, and I’m currently going into my junior year at the University of Colorado Boulder, where I’m studying real estate and finance. I’ve developed a strong passion for real estate, and I’m eager to start gaining real-world experience outside of the classroom.

The challenge I’ve run into is finding an entry point. I don’t have much experience yet, and most jobs or internships seem to require it. I’d be incredibly grateful for any advice, insight, or opportunities to get involved, whether that’s shadowing someone, helping with social media or admin work, or just learning from those ahead of me.

I’m willing to work extremely hard, and I’m open to anything that can help me get my foot in the door.

If you’ve been in my position before, I’d love to hear how you got started — or if you’re open to chatting, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,
Zev

1Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · CO · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Hey man I'm just north of you in Fort Collins and own 2 duplex's here in Colorado from house hacking. Purchased my first one at 21 and would love to connect and let you know how I did it in a similar market. 

  • Sam McCormackBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cincinnati, OH/NKY · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 833 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Zev Cohen:

    Hello,

    My name is Zev Cohen, and I’m currently going into my junior year at the University of Colorado Boulder, where I’m studying real estate and finance. I’ve developed a strong passion for real estate, and I’m eager to start gaining real-world experience outside of the classroom.

    The challenge I’ve run into is finding an entry point. I don’t have much experience yet, and most jobs or internships seem to require it. I’d be incredibly grateful for any advice, insight, or opportunities to get involved, whether that’s shadowing someone, helping with social media or admin work, or just learning from those ahead of me.

    I’m willing to work extremely hard, and I’m open to anything that can help me get my foot in the door.

    If you’ve been in my position before, I’d love to hear how you got started — or if you’re open to chatting, I’d really appreciate it.

    Thanks so much,
    Zev


     Househack! One of the best things you could do IMO

    Sam McCormack Realtor
    View Page
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.