New member to BiggerPockets in Atlanta Area

New member to BiggerPockets in Atlanta Area

Atlanta, GA · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 7 votes

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Preston and I've been following BiggerPockets on and off for about 8 or so years. I work in Software Sales in Atlanta, previous Realtor with Armstrong Real Estate and EXP in Nashville, TN. Had some career setbacks but am just about in the position to start my portfolio.

Nice to meet you all and looking forward to learning more!

5Reply
36 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    @Preston Itaro, Do you have a particular investment strategy you're planning to focus on? From what I've observed, attempting to pursue multiple strategies simultaneously tends to slow things down. Getting clear on one approach early usually leads to better momentum and more intentional decision-making—especially in a market like Atlanta.

    For what it's worth, I also recommend "Real Estate by the Numbers" by J. Scott and Dave Meyer to "newer" investors. It's a solid resource for building a strong foundation in personal finance and deal analysis—both are key when you're starting to build your portfolio.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    Thanks for the comment Michael and the reading recommendation! For strategy, I am about cash flow.

    I'd like to use my FHA to get my feet in initially with a duplex and then rent out both units after my year is up.

    From here ideally move into a different multifamily unit where I can repeat. I'd like to be hands off so I'd want to pass the day to day workings to a reputable property manager.

    I have a friend who is actually doing well renting out her single family home so that is a consideration too due to the young professional population here. 

    I haven't seen many multi-families up for sale in Atlanta. I joined the GaREIA newsletter here to get a bit more in the know.

    What do you see strategy wise, that does the best in the area?

  • New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 451 votes
    1y

    Welcome, Preston!

    It sounds like you’ve already got a solid foundation between your real estate background and professional experience. Getting back into building your portfolio after a pause is definitely doable, especially in a market like Atlanta where there’s a mix of fix-and-flip, buy-and-hold, and new construction opportunities.

    Good luck and I'd be happy to support you on your REI journey!

    • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 7 votes
      1y

      @Drago Stanimirovic thank you for your comment Drago! I will do more research into the fix-and-flip, but and holds and new builds here

      just sent you a connection!

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    1y

    @Preston Itaro

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. Bigger Pockets is a great place for education and networking. 

    Since you're also a member of GAREIA, I recommend attending the monthly new investors meeting in person or online. 

    Good luck investing. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
    • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 7 votes
      1y

      @Bill Hampton hey Bill and thank you for the welcome! I'll give those meetings a join!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.