Newbie from Atkins (Russellville), Arkansas

7 Replies

Hi! Just a quick intro...My name is Brandon Morris and live in Atkins, AR. I am co-owner/founder of a business started in 2002 doing business software training, & support, specializing with QuickBooks financial software. We also do merchant services - love passive residual income! I don't mind working for it, the key is work on the front end and get paid for here on out. I say that not as a sales pitch but as a way of saying Real-Estate is NOT my expertise but I want it to be.

I'm here to learn. I'm here, hopefully to make connections to people who will let me work with them to get started in RE investing.

Nearly 40 years old, I left EMS as a career as a paramedic to start my current business. I have a wife of 17 years, a daughter who just turned 16, and just adopted twins who just turned 4. We also founded a ministry after years of serving as pastors in the church. This ministry is CW2 "Church Without Walls" Our goal is to take the ministry out of the church.

Which brings me to the next reason I'm here. I not only want to better myself and my family, I want to pass this on to others...to help those in need. We believe the law of sowing and reaping are still in effect today...some call it karma...whatever you call it...it's alive and well. :)

I look forward to getting involved here and face-to-face with others in the area.

I appreciate your time and assure you I'm not usually this long winded...just my intro. Have a GREAT day!

Brandon Morris

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Brandon Morris ! Thanks for sharing your story with us and I hope you find what you're looking for here on the site. It seems like you're a pretty goal oriented person, great! I'm a Christian and I definitely believe in reaping what you sow :) That's why I like BP, lots of sowing going on here!

See you around.

Promotion
Marko Rubel
ATTENTION INVESTORS
Get Deals 100% Funded – No Credit, No Banks, No Job Verification
New Unlimited Funding® program for investors: low-interest, without banks or shark lenders.
Check availability

@Brandon Morris

Welcome. Time to build the legacy and foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

Welcome to BP community @Brandon Morris ! It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

Hey @Brandon Morris Thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Atkins" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

Thanks again for introducing yourself!

Thanks for all the welcomes...

@Brandon Turner & @Dmitriy Fomichenko I've got some keyword alerts set up...just set my phone up for the podcasts...looking forward to getting more involved...will check out the meet area soon as well

@Robert Norvell ... look forward to knowing you...perhaps meeting up sometime. I'm between Russellville and Bentonville all the time and have a few clients over in the Ft. Smith area as well.

@Joe Fairless Your signature line peeked my curiosity...in 6 years you went from $0 to $7 million of control...awesome...would love to learn from you.

Actually looking forward to gleaning from all of you that replied here :) So much to do, so little time...lol...

Have an AWESOME day everyone...will be back on here shortly!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you