New to real estate investing

New to real estate investing

New to Real Estate · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes

Hello BiggerPockets community! I am happy to be here and get started on my real estate investment journey. I know I have a lot to learn and am looking to begin networking with everyone.

3Reply
70 views

Most Popular Reply

Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y

Hey @Erin Ferguson! Welcome to BP! From my experience, the best first step is to start building relationships with local investors, agents, and property managers in the market you're targeting. I'd recommend checking out the local REI meetups. While you're networking, start running numbers on a few sample deals so you can get comfortable with cash flow, expenses, and rental demand. Even if you don't buy right away, it'll help you spot a good deal when it shows up.

Real estate is a team sport, so focus on relationships early, you’ll be surprised how many doors that opens.

Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hi Erin, welcome! Nashville seems like a hot area with a multitude of different RE opportunities. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2023 · 831 posts · 577 votes
    1y

    Hey Erin, welcome to the BiggerPockets forum!

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hey @Erin Ferguson! Welcome to BP! From my experience, the best first step is to start building relationships with local investors, agents, and property managers in the market you're targeting. I'd recommend checking out the local REI meetups. While you're networking, start running numbers on a few sample deals so you can get comfortable with cash flow, expenses, and rental demand. Even if you don't buy right away, it'll help you spot a good deal when it shows up.

    Real estate is a team sport, so focus on relationships early, you’ll be surprised how many doors that opens.

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2025 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    1y

    Hey @Erin Ferguson Welcome to the community! I would love to connect with you don't be shy to inbox me. There are tons of meet ups to go to and people to meet. Honestly, Nashville is just the place to been in real estate so i think you will have no problem networking!

  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2025 · 8 posts · 5 votes
    1y

    Hi Erin, I'm new on here as well! I'd love to connect and hear more about what your searching for. Sending all the good vibes your way as you get going!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.