Hi my name is Carson Schultz. I am wanting to start investing at a young age and I have an interest in short term and long term rentals. I have no experience with either so looking for advice
Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 425 posts · 117 votes
1y
Welcome, Carson! Starting young is a huge advantage — time in the market gives you options to learn, grow, and pivot. Since you’re looking at both short-term and long-term rentals, I’d suggest narrowing your focus to one strategy first so you can really learn the numbers, financing, and management side.
Long-term rentals are usually the easier entry point since they’re more stable and financing is straightforward, while short-term rentals can create higher cash flow but require more active management and upfront planning.
What market are you thinking about starting in? That can really help shape whether STRs or LTRs make more sense for you.