NEWMAN!!!!!!!!! from Milwaukee, WI

NEWMAN!!!!!!!!! from Milwaukee, WI

Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2014 · 89 posts · 38 votes

BP... How the heck are ya? My name is William S. Newman. I am a new investor, but not without knowledge of the real estate market. I grew up in Milwaukee, WI and currently reside in Glendale, WI. I can smell a good deal. I can feel a great one. Like literally. When I know a great property has potential to net profits, I get the butterfly feeling in my stomach. I eat, sleep, breath real estate. Only recently have I pulled the trigger on making my dream of becoming a renowned investor materialize. It is always hard to take that 1st step, but it is always worth it. I previously did not have a strong support system behind me, but now everyone in my small circle of friends is focused, and in turn it is making me more focused. I also have a baby girl who will enter his world in a few short months. I want to spend time with her, watch her grow and never miss even the tiniest triumph in her life. She also has me thinking more about the future and not the present.

I am a Taurus, so I am very concerned with the quality of life and the future of my family. I also like to see others happy. Just because you live in a certain area does not mean that you should not have pride in where you live. I want to see more people owning homes and not just renting. There is a negative thought process in the inner city. Many believe they will never own a home. Thus their American dream will never happen. This will travel from generation to generation. There will be entire family trees that never amount to anything because no one ever showed them that their dreams can come true. I plan on nurturing families and preparing them for home ownership. I want to show them that it can happen. That you can raise your children in a safe and secure home in a beautiful neighborhood, and as long as you handle your business, NO ONE can take that away from you. The quality and structure that a child having growing up in a home is priceless. When moved around from apartment to apartment, there is never any sense of belonging. This turns into a downward spiraling path of destruction… OKAY, I’m done…

I know that investing in real estate will place me on the road of exactly where I need to be, and hope to end. It will also grant me the opportunity to help others. So please, please, please, reach out to me and I will reach back. My ambition and determination will make me a winner. I was placed here to do this… SUCCEED

Let's get ready to inveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest....

1Reply
63 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2008 · 489 posts · 300 votes
12y

@Dan C. you read my mind! Thank you!

@William Newman welcome! I love your mission statement and I agree with you whole heartily!

We have a great group of investors here in Milwaukee. Everyone is willing to help and guide one another. Like Dan mentioned we have a local group that meets the last Saturday of every month. Our next meetup is on May 31st at Stone Creek Coffee at 422 N 5th St, Milwaukee, Wi and the topic will be "How to find a great contractor". Our goal is to have experienced speakers come at every meeting, but every once in awhile we just like to have a little gathering to get to know one another.

So please join us at the next one!

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · SE Wisconsin/NE Illinois · Member since 2012 · 109 posts · 57 votes
    12y

    Hello William, welcome to BP, alot of good stuff on this site, take it all in....

  • Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2014 · 89 posts · 38 votes
    12y

    Good afternoon Kyle. Thank you for the greeting. I am looking forward to connecting personally with everyone that is in Milwaukee that are BP members. See you around the site.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2010 · 129 posts · 24 votes
    12y

    Welcome @William Newman I would like to invite you to Milwaukee's local BP meet up this Saturday. It will be a great opportunity to meet other BP members from Milwaukee and learn how to find a good contractor. the information can be found here

  • Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2014 · 89 posts · 38 votes
    12y

    @Alex Anderson-

    Thank you for the greeting and the invite! I am ready. @Nicole Pettis is awesome for getting everyone together. This will be my 1st meeting. I am definately looking forward to the local Milwaukee meetup this Saturday. The only problem is that I get off work at noon. I will speed race down to the location immediately! Spread the word, anyone who waits for me gets free scones!!! I need to network with you all!!!
    Did I mention free scones...

  • Real Estate Investor · Waukegan, IL · Member since 2013 · 367 posts · 80 votes
    12y

    @William Newman Welcome! Look forward to meeting.

  • Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2014 · 89 posts · 38 votes
    12y

    Thank you for the greeting @Arthur Banks! I look forward to meeting you also.

    P.S.

    Bankable Properties has a magnificient ring to it!!!

  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 969 posts · 524 votes
    12y

    @William Newman Welcome to BIGGER POCKETS!!! You will enjoy this site!!

  • Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2014 · 89 posts · 38 votes
    12y

    @Derrick Craig-

    Thank you for the greeting sir. BP IS THE BEST!!!! I listened to podcast 1 through about 27, and finally told myself, why am I sitting lurking in the shadows of exactly what I want to do. Listening to @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner everyday, but scared to sign up... Anywho, I ramble, too many thoughts, not enough time! LOL

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.