Pataskala, OH · Member since 2014 · 36 posts · 4 votes
Hello Hello,
My Name is Stephen and I am a newbie in the Real Estate Investor arena and my 1/5/10 year goal looks something like this.
I'm starting out in the Wholesale arena to build practical knowledge and network. After learning to generate capital I plan on moving into the Buy & Hold market to generate cash flow (either Single Family, Dup-Quadplex, and Small Apartments or a mix of the three). Finally I plan on becoming a lendor/investor to not only give back and help others but keep my money working for me.
After lots of research else where and looking into other communities I believe the BP community is the place to be, and I look forward to learning from some, working with others, and hopefully giving something back to everyone.
I'm excited to be here and looking forward to the future!
Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
12y
Welcome to BP community @Stephen Menches, you came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are a few recommendations for you:
If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.
Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.
Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.
Clearwater, FL · Member since 2014 · 42 posts · 4 votes
12y
Welcome @Stephen Menches I'm located in center city. Only recently moved to Philly and only recently got into REI. I'm ready to get this ball moving though. My current short term goal is also to start out wholesaling. Maybe we can share success and failures back and forth on here to accelerate the learning curve. Anyway message me on here anytime and happy wholesaling!
Real Estate Investor · Sebastian, FL · Member since 2014 · 812 posts · 432 votes
12y
@Stephen Menches Welcome. I grew up in the Collegeville area, so I am quite familiar with where N. Whales is at, though it's been a lot of years since I have been in that area.
Good luck in your investing. You have found a great resource.
Realtor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2014 · 51 posts · 11 votes
12y
Welcome!
I grew up in Abington, so you're not too far away! What have you done to start your business so far? Are you working in Montco or Philly? I always like to hear how people decide their areas.
I grew up in Abington, so you're not too far away! What have you done to start your business so far? Are you working in Montco or Philly? I always like to hear how people decide their areas.
Best of luck!
Hilary
Right now I'm working in the Montco area. I'm focused on what I can drive to and look at with the hours I have after work. I am planning on focusing further south once I'm more comfortable with what I'm doing and have some practical knowledge to throw around.
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y
Hey @Stephen Menches Thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.
Oh - and here are my favorite articles on Wholesaling:
Rental Property Investor · Doylestown, PA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
12y
Hi Stephen- Welcome to BP. I'll make things easy for you...
If you find a wholesale deal in Montgomery County I'll buy it :) I am closing on 2 rehabs and 2 rentals this month.... so I am ALWAYS in the market to buy.
Let me know if you have any questions on getting started in wholesaling (that's how I started).