Hello from a New Chicago-Area Investor Exploring Multifamily Properties

Hello from a New Chicago-Area Investor Exploring Multifamily Properties

hanover park, IL · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 3 votes

Hello everyone,

I’m Mark, a new member excited to build my real estate portfolio in the Chicago suburbs, focusing on single-family and 2-4 unit rental properties. I’m interested in both long-term and mid-term rentals, with some openness to flipping if the right opportunity arises.

I’m currently looking forward to connecting with knowledgeable local agents who specialize in investment properties and understand investor needs in the Chicago suburbs, especially between Hanover Park and Niles.

I’m eager to learn from this community, share experiences, and grow alongside fellow investors.

Thanks,
Mark

3Reply
142 views

Most Popular Reply

Victor SoBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 325 posts · 193 votes
11mo
Quote from @Mark Zaprzalka:

Hello everyone,

I’m Mark, a new member excited to build my real estate portfolio in the Chicago suburbs, focusing on single-family and 2-4 unit rental properties. I’m interested in both long-term and mid-term rentals, with some openness to flipping if the right opportunity arises.

I’m currently looking forward to connecting with knowledgeable local agents who specialize in investment properties and understand investor needs in the Chicago suburbs, especially between Hanover Park and Niles.

I’m eager to learn from this community, share experiences, and grow alongside fellow investors.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark! I invest in the areas you mentioned. I used to live in Schaumburg (got a short term rental license there), have a duplex in Niles, and have sold properties in between. DM me! Let’s connect! 
Victor So Real Estate LLC517 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tj FlorosPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago · Member since 2025 · 95 posts · 74 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Mark Zaprzalka:

    Hello everyone,

    I’m Mark, a new member excited to build my real estate portfolio in the Chicago suburbs, focusing on single-family and 2-4 unit rental properties. I’m interested in both long-term and mid-term rentals, with some openness to flipping if the right opportunity arises.

    I’m currently looking forward to connecting with knowledgeable local agents who specialize in investment properties and understand investor needs in the Chicago suburbs, especially between Hanover Park and Niles.

    I’m eager to learn from this community, share experiences, and grow alongside fellow investors.

    Thanks,
    Mark


    Hi Mark, welcome to BP it’s a great place to learn!

    If this is your first time getting into the game, I’d recommend starting with a traditional house hack to learn the ropes before moving on to flips. It’s smart that you’re already thinking about mid-term rentals, especially since with today’s prices and interest rates, it’s harder to make deals pencil out.

    Just make sure your property has a built-in draw for example, being near a hospital if you’re targeting travel nurses.

    Lately, a lot of investors are shifting toward value-add plays and focusing on long-term returns (5+ years) rather than the quick 12-month turnaround that used to be more common.

  • Victor SoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2017 · 325 posts · 193 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Mark Zaprzalka:

    Hello everyone,

    I’m Mark, a new member excited to build my real estate portfolio in the Chicago suburbs, focusing on single-family and 2-4 unit rental properties. I’m interested in both long-term and mid-term rentals, with some openness to flipping if the right opportunity arises.

    I’m currently looking forward to connecting with knowledgeable local agents who specialize in investment properties and understand investor needs in the Chicago suburbs, especially between Hanover Park and Niles.

    I’m eager to learn from this community, share experiences, and grow alongside fellow investors.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    Hey Mark! I invest in the areas you mentioned. I used to live in Schaumburg (got a short term rental license there), have a duplex in Niles, and have sold properties in between. DM me! Let’s connect! 
    Victor So Real Estate LLC517 Reviews
  • Aaron ZimmermanBusiness Member
    Accountant · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo

    Welcome mark! I'm not an agent but I'm a local investor and real estate cpa. 

    I'd recommend attending some local meetups and listening to the straight up Chicago investor podcast for more local insights.

    @Victor So is a great agent and investor so would definitely recommend him. I've known him for many years now and it's been great to see his growth. 

  • New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 453 votes
    11mo

    Welcome, Mark! You're stepping into a strong market, the Chicago suburbs offer solid cash flow potential, especially with 2–4 unit rentals and mid-term strategies gaining traction.

    It’s smart that you’re looking for agents who truly understand investor math and not just traditional homebuying. That kind of support can make or break your early deals.

    Stay active here and in your local network, you’ll gain insights quickly and find those right-fit opportunities faster.

    Feel free to reach out anytime if you want to chat strategy or explore funding options tailored for your market.

    Glad to have you,
    Drago

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago · Member since 2021 · 168 posts · 62 votes
    11mo

    Hey Mark, welcome to the community and congrats on jumping into the Chicago market!

    I’m a local agent and investor based here, I work with a lot of buy-and-hold and house-hack investors across the exact corridor you mentioned (Hanover Park through Niles). There’s a ton of opportunity in those suburbs depending on what you’re optimizing for: Hanover Park and Elk Grove tend to offer stronger cash flow, while places like Morton Grove or Niles lean more toward appreciation and stability.

    If you’re open to both long-term and mid-term rentals, you’re in a great spot, the northwest suburbs have solid tenant demand from hospitals, corporate relocations, and families looking for good schools.

    Happy to chat anytime about investment strategy, rent comps, or local submarket data if you want a deeper dive. Welcome again, Chicago’s a great place to build a portfolio.

  • hanover park, IL · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    11mo

    Hi everyone,

    I just wanted to say a big thank you to all of you for taking the time to reply and share your insights. It feels so good to get such a warm and thoughtful welcome from this community. I really appreciate the support and look forward to learning and growing with you all!

  • Terrance HillPro Member
    Realtor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2010 · 425 posts · 117 votes
    11mo

    Welcome, Mark! Connecting with an investor-friendly agent will make a big difference — especially for finding those 2–4 unit deals. Would love to network and share strategies!

  • Investor · Get yourself trained before doing something inadvisable. · Member since 2024 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Mark Zaprzalka:

    Hello everyone,

    I’m Mark, a new member excited to build my real estate portfolio in the Chicago suburbs, focusing on single-family and 2-4 unit rental properties. I’m interested in both long-term and mid-term rentals, with some openness to flipping if the right opportunity arises.

    I’m currently looking forward to connecting with knowledgeable local agents who specialize in investment properties and understand investor needs in the Chicago suburbs, especially between Hanover Park and Niles.

    I’m eager to learn from this community, share experiences, and grow alongside fellow investors.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    Welcome, are you well capitalized or will you be looking for financing?
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11mo

    I would focus on one business venture in your first 1-2 years and then look to expand.

    Therefore, I would pick one of the following activities - LTR, MTR and flipping.

    I would also be more definitive in where you want to invest in. Instead of saying between two neighbhorhoods, I would pick a specific zipcode or area.

    Best of luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.