Life style adjustments for newer investor (maybe)??

Life style adjustments for newer investor (maybe)??

Member since 2025 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Just hoping someone could give me some advice. Since I started learning more about real-estate investing for financial freedom, I have tried not to talk about it with my very close friends and family that don't want to hear about it. As time has gone on and the more I learn, I found my self only talking about it with people that asked for advice, but now I'm having a hard time not talking about it. I've been told to stop by my best friend and my wife with in 2- days. I'm thinking maybe i need an outlet maybe go to meetups idk. any advice would be appreciated>

1Reply
82 views

Most Popular Reply

Nicholas L.Pro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
11mo

@Trevor Hansen

you said it - go to meetups.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Nicholas L.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Pittsburgh · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11mo

    @Trevor Hansen

    you said it - go to meetups.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · CA · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Trevor Hansen:

    Just hoping someone could give me some advice. Since I started learning more about real-estate investing for financial freedom, I have tried not to talk about it with my very close friends and family that don't want to hear about it. As time has gone on and the more I learn, I found my self only talking about it with people that asked for advice, but now I'm having a hard time not talking about it. I've been told to stop by my best friend and my wife with in 2- days. I'm thinking maybe i need an outlet maybe go to meetups idk. any advice would be appreciated>


     Don't waste your time with folks that aren't interested in your aspirations. Meetups may be helpful, as well as discussions right here on the forum. That being said, learn the fundamentals and don't feel pressured to make hasty decisions.

  • New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 451 votes
    11mo

    Trevor, this is a common phase , when you're fired up about real estate but those close to you aren't on board. You're absolutely right to seek an outlet. Local meetups, investor groups, or forums like this are perfect places to channel that energy and connect with like-minded people.

    Protect your personal relationships, but don’t hold back your passion , just share it where it’s wanted.

    Happy to point you toward some solid groups if you’d like.

    Drago

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2023 · 831 posts · 577 votes
    11mo

    Need to just find more like minded individuals. Meetups.com, eventbrite.com and communities all over. 

    You'll meet plenty that will talk your ear off that you'll get tired of it. Good luck! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.