Engineer-Turned-Realtor Helping Investors Unlock Land & Development Opportunities

Engineer-Turned-Realtor Helping Investors Unlock Land & Development Opportunities

Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Hi everyone — thrilled to finally join the BiggerPockets community!

I’m  a Licensed Realtor® and Professional Civil/Structural Engineer (P.E.) with over 20 years of experience in land development, infrastructure design, and property analysis across Maryland.

After two decades designing and managing major projects — from transit and utility infrastructure to mixed-use developments — I transitioned into real estate to help investors and builders make smarter, data-driven acquisition decisions.

I focus on helping investors evaluate:

  • Land and infill sites for development feasibility

  • Small commercial and multifamily properties for value-add potential

  • Structural and site conditions that can impact ROI or exit strategy

I’m particularly active in Baltimore, Hagerstown, Eldersburg, Sykesville, and Capitol Heights, MD, and I love connecting with investors who are interested in ground-up, subdivision, or redevelopment projects.

If you’re in Maryland or nearby markets and want to discuss land strategy, due diligence, or deal analysis, I’d be happy to exchange ideas and insights — always in the spirit of collaboration and compliance.

Looking forward to learning from everyone here and contributing value wherever I can.

– Reddy Karnati, P.E., Realtor®
(Engineering insight meets real estate opportunity — all within compliance of COMAR 09.11 & 09.23)

3Reply
96 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    10mo

    Jeff, 

    It great connecting to you

    thanks

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    10mo

    very under served Niche on Bigger Pockets. I fund investors looking to develop ( mainly SFR developments) have 3 going just out of WA DC Toll just closed us out of one last week

    the other two  Toll is buying one and Lennar the other 150 parcel deals each.


    Would be willing to look at other areas as long as the team is made up of experts like yourself.

  • Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    10mo

    That's impressive, Jay — sounds like your team has a sharp eye for large-scale SFR opportunities. I'm based in Maryland and work primarily in site feasibility, land development, and structural review for infill and subdivision projects around the Baltimore–DC corridor. Definitely agree that this region is under-served on BiggerPockets — happy to explore how local permitting and engineering factors could support additional pipeline deals here.

    • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
      Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
      10mo
      Quote from @Reddy Karnati:

      That's impressive, Jay — sounds like your team has a sharp eye for large-scale SFR opportunities. I'm based in Maryland and work primarily in site feasibility, land development, and structural review for infill and subdivision projects around the Baltimore–DC corridor. Definitely agree that this region is under-served on BiggerPockets — happy to explore how local permitting and engineering factors could support additional pipeline deals here.


      lets hop on the phone and chat later this week I am in the mountains of Utah fishing right now.. later this week will work though
  • Developer · Palm City, FL · Member since 2018 · 326 posts · 99 votes
    10mo

    @Reddy Karnati I am not in Maryland, but would love to connect with you. I am a land developer in Florida. I will drop you a connection request. 

  • Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    10mo

    @Jordan Ray - Great to hear from you! I'm definitely interested in connecting. As an engineer and real estate consultant focused on MD/VA/PA development, I'm always looking to build relationships with developers who are working on land and development opportunities. Florida's market is fascinating from an investment standpoint, and I'd be curious to learn more about your projects.

    Looking forward to your connection request. Let's stay in touch!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.