new member from florence kentucky

Most Popular Reply

Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11mo

Hey @Javie Kounga matondo, welcome to the investing world! I’d definitely recommend starting by connecting with local agents and investors who actually own property. If you’re just getting started, focus on neighborhoods with lower property taxes and steady tenant pools rather than chasing the cheapest house. 

Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • MD/DC · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo

    Hi Javie and welcome to BP. 

  • James WilcoxBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
    11mo
    Quote from @Javie Kounga matondo:

    Hello – My name is javie . I live in the greater florence ky  area. I am new to real estate investing and looking to connect with any local investor. Thank you

    @Javie Kounga matondo Welcome. Always nice to see another KY member.

    REI James w/ eXp Realty54 Reviews
  • Investor · Willis, TX · Member since 2014 · 245 posts · 124 votes
    11mo

    Hey Javie! Welcome! 

    I'm in the Texas market and if I can ever help you, please let me know. I have a lot of experience doing fix and flip and new builds. I've made some horrible mistakes that by the Grace of God didn't totally sink me. 

    Juan-

  • Arman AhmedPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2024 · 2k+ posts · 929 votes
    11mo

    @Javie Kounga matondo

    Hey Javie, welcome to the community! Great to see another investor from the Florence/Cincy area. I work with a lot of local and out-of-state investors buying solid cash-flowing rentals and off-market deals around here. It’s an awesome market to get started in, steady rents and good appreciation pockets. What kind of properties are you hoping to focus on first, single-family, duplexes, or small multis?

  • Min ZhangBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo

    Hey Javie, welcome to the community! You’re already doing the right thing by reaching out and connecting with local investors since that’s how most of us got started. There’s a lot happening in the Midwest market right now with affordable entry points and solid rental demand. Are you leaning more toward buy and hold, flips, or house hacking for your first deal?

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11mo

    Hey @Javie Kounga matondo, welcome to the investing world! I’d definitely recommend starting by connecting with local agents and investors who actually own property. If you’re just getting started, focus on neighborhoods with lower property taxes and steady tenant pools rather than chasing the cheapest house. 

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
  • Property Manager · Covington, KY · Member since 2021 · 27 posts · 27 votes
    8mo

    @Javie Kounga matondo I've got a monthly meetup in Covington that I run. We are meeting next Thursday evening. If you're interested, DM me and I'll send you the details. - Zac.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.