New Developer in PG County – Looking to Connect With Local Investors & Builders

New Developer in PG County – Looking to Connect With Local Investors & Builders

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hi everyone! My name is Janese Parker, and I’m excited to join the BiggerPockets community.

I’m based in Prince George’s County, MD, and I’m stepping into real estate development, specifically new construction on residential lots. I currently have a Brandywine, MD lot under contract, which is pending a perc test, and I’m exploring the best financing and partnership strategies to move my first project forward.

My goals right now include:

  • Connecting with developers, builders, and hard money lenders familiar with new construction in PG County
  • Learning more about no-money-down strategies, seller financing, and JV partnerships
  • Understanding local ARVs, build costs, and insights specific to the Brandywine / Waldorf / Upper Marlboro areas
  • Building a strong network as I grow my development company

If you're experienced with land development, new construction, BRRRR-building, or hard/private lending, I'd love to learn from you and connect.

Thank you all — excited to be here and grow together!

– Janese

0Reply
73 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10mo

    Hello Janese, and welcome to the community.

  • Denise SuppleeBusiness Member
    Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 984 posts · 643 votes
    10mo

    Welcome, @Janese Parker financing on ground-up deals often comes down to pairing the right builder with a lender who understands local costs and timelines. Hard money and JV structures can work well for a first build, especially if you bring the deal, the vision, and solid due-diligence like your perc test and local comps.

    If you ever want another set of eyes on deal structure or partnerships, I’m happy to share what I see through my co-investing club. We vet a lot of operators and builders, so I’m always connecting with people doing development projects like yours.

    Spark Rental Co-Investing Club580 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    10mo

    Hi Denise, thank you so much for the insight. This is my first ground-up development, and I already have the perc test, comps, builder, and preliminary numbers lined up. I would really appreciate another set of eyes on the structure and potential partnership options.

    I'd love to connect and learn more about the co-investing club and how JV structures typically work for first builds. Thank you again for offering to help, I'm excited to move this project forward.

    Best,

    Janese Parker

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.