New Here-Small Multifamily & BRRRR Focused Investor

New Here-Small Multifamily & BRRRR Focused Investor

Investor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2026 路 25 posts 路 21 votes

Hi Everyone, I'm Theresa based in the Chicago area.

I'm an active real estate investor focused on small multi-family, BRRRR, and value add opportunities. I began investing in late 2024 and am currently executing my first acquisitions while building long-term systems with a buy and hold mindset.

I joined BiggerPockets to learm from experienced investors, connect with others executing in similar markets, and contribute where I can as I grow.

Looking forward to connecting and learning from the community. 

4Reply
140 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2018 路 312 posts 路 149 votes
8mo

Cool, cool.  Your post says you started investing in 2024 and you're currently working on your first purchase.  What were your investments in 2024, where/what is your current purchase, and what systems have you built?  Sounds like an exciting time for you

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Aaron ZimmermanBusiness Member
    Accountant 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2018 路 2k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    8mo

    Welcome Theresa! Where did you buy your first property and what are your next steps to buy more property in 2026?

  • Miami Beach, FL 路 Member since 2013 路 24 posts 路 3 votes
    8mo
    Where in Chicago do you invest?
  • Investor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2026 路 25 posts 路 21 votes
    8mo

    @Aaron Zimmerman @Ervin Alex

    Thanks for the welcome. I'm focused primarily on Chicago and nearby submarkets, taking a very block-by-block approach. My emphasis is small multifamily with  long term buy and hold strategy, while continuing to refine underwriting and execution. 2026 is about disciplined acquistions and strengthing systems around operations and capital.

  • Investor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2018 路 312 posts 路 149 votes
    8mo

    Where are you investing?  I've got 2 roofs in South Shore and 1 in Maywood

  • Jonathan KlemmBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Contractor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2016 路 4k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    8mo

    Hi @Theresa Strong - Welcome to the BP Chicago Club and most importantly congrats on first purchase - amazing work!

    Networking on BiggerPockets is a really great way to grow and find other like minded individuals with an abundance mindset.

    I highly suggest checking out some of the local investor meetups!  There's some on BP, but I also have a list of several others not posted here.  https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521-real-estate-events-...

  • Investor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2026 路 25 posts 路 21 votes
    8mo

    @Aaron Zimmerman I'm evaluating a mix of acquisition financing depending on the deal, potentially bridge or hard money on value-add with a clear refi path. Right now the priority is disciplined underwriting and downside protection more than locking into a single funding source. 

    @Lee Burns I'm focused on select South and West side submarkets where the numbers still make sense, being very block-by-block about it. Always good to connect with other local investors who understand Chicago's nuances.

    @Jonathan Klemm Appreciate that, Jonathan- Thank you! Looking forward to getting more involved locally and connecting with the Chicago BP community.

  • Investor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2018 路 312 posts 路 149 votes
    8mo

    Cool, cool.  Your post says you started investing in 2024 and you're currently working on your first purchase.  What were your investments in 2024, where/what is your current purchase, and what systems have you built?  Sounds like an exciting time for you

  • Eudith VacioPro Member
    Real Estate Agent 路 Chicago & NWI 路 Member since 2015 路 860 posts 路 521 votes
    8mo

    Hey @Theresa Strong 馃憢馃徑 

    Congratulations on getting started - and i'm an investor on the south side of Chicago, too! Definitely a great area to invest in as it provides potential for cashflow + appreciation. 

    & we have a meetup every month called the Chicago Cashflow Breakfast club, you might want to stop by and put yourself in front of other investors. It's a great way to network and surround yourself around other like-minded individuals! 

  • Investor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2026 路 25 posts 路 21 votes
    8mo

    @Lee Burns

    Great question. I started actively pursuing acquistions in late September 2024. I underwrote several deals, including one commercial and another residential oppurtunity that ultimately didn't pencil, which reinforeced my focus on deal quality over speed.

    Right now I'm actively underwriting and tightening my acquisition systems (deal analysis, capital structure, contractor vetting) as I move toward my next purchase. The goal is to build something repeatable and scalable,not rush into the wrong deal. Appreciate the question.

  • Investor 路 Chicago, IL 路 Member since 2026 路 25 posts 路 21 votes
    8mo

    @Eudith Vacio

    Thank you, Eudith- I appreciate that! I'm investing primarily on the South Side as well, so it's great to connect with others active in the same market.

    The Chicago Cashflow Breakfast Club sounds right up my alley. I'd love to stop by one of the upcoming meetups, get more involved and connect in person. Thanks for the invite!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.