I want to introduce myself. My name is Aaron, and I'm new to the forums. I'm open to multiple strategies, but ideally, I am a value-add investor. I want to connect with experienced flippers to learn more from them or partner up with them.
Realtor · OH · Member since 2026 · 122 posts · 77 votes
7mo
Aaron — welcome.
If you want to connect with flippers, bring value first. Most aren’t looking for random partners — they want deals, capital, or someone who can actually analyze numbers correctly.
Get sharp at underwriting (ARV, rehab, holding, resale). Walk properties with contractors so you understand real repair costs. Then network locally — meetups, lenders, title reps — that's where flippers actually operate.
Don’t ask to partner. Show you’re useful. That’s how it happens.
Realtor · OH · Member since 2026 · 122 posts · 77 votes
7mo
Aaron — welcome.
If you want to connect with flippers, bring value first. Most aren’t looking for random partners — they want deals, capital, or someone who can actually analyze numbers correctly.
Get sharp at underwriting (ARV, rehab, holding, resale). Walk properties with contractors so you understand real repair costs. Then network locally — meetups, lenders, title reps — that's where flippers actually operate.
Don’t ask to partner. Show you’re useful. That’s how it happens.
Rental Property Investor · Cleves · Member since 2023 · 132 posts · 82 votes
7mo
hi, welcome to the party! you should really think about what EXACTLY you want to do first because it’s a whole lot of stuff to get into :) value add is always a good strategy. may you have a successful real estate investing experience.
I want to introduce myself. My name is Aaron, and I'm new to the forums. I'm open to multiple strategies, but ideally, I am a value-add investor. I want to connect with experienced flippers to learn more from them or partner up with them.
Welcome aboard @Aaron Brentwood. This is going to be the best platform to learn and build wealth for your real estate investing. I own 28 rental units in Columbus that I acquired primarily using the brrrr strategy.
Ultimately flipping will be the better way to make money BUT you can also lose your shirt if you mess up. It is better to start with some capital and purchase BRRRR/value-add deals at 75% ARV and go through the entire process on a cosmetic rehab.
Once you feel comfortable with the Scope of Work, and understanding deal flow, hard-money terms, refinance vs. profitablity terms, then you are in a much better spot to sell your flip and make money.
I want to introduce myself. My name is Aaron, and I'm new to the forums. I'm open to multiple strategies, but ideally, I am a value-add investor. I want to connect with experienced flippers to learn more from them or partner up with them.
Welcome! Cincinnati has a lot of opportunities for value-add investors, especially with duplexes and small multis that can be flipped or rented for strong cash flow. Even if you’re out-of-state, there’s a ton of potential in the Midwest to learn, partner, and grow without getting stuck in super competitive markets. Definitely connect with experienced flippers there, they’re a goldmine for insights and potential joint deals.
Lender · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2025 · 100 posts · 9 votes
7mo
Welcome to the community, Aaron, and best of luck as you begin this journey! I am a residential investment loan officer and would be more than happy to serve as a resource to help you become better educated about various lending programs and financing strategies.
Hey whats up Aaron? Welcome! I moved to Ohio to invest in real estate so you're in the right spot! What do you do for full time work? You mentioned value add, so what kind of skillset do you have? Just curious/creating conversation lol. I'm unfamiliar with Cincinattis market. I'm not opposed to doing deals down there tho in the future. What kind of price range are you looking to invest in?