Newbie Living In Sunny Phoenix Arizona!

Newbie Living In Sunny Phoenix Arizona!

Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mary! I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I've been listening to BiggerPockets for a little under a month. And, I dig the show! I love listening, learning and laughing every morning as I drive to work! One of my goals is to prove to myself that I can work for me! Not for my employer but for me. So I've decided to learn a new skill! Initially, I didn't know what skill I wanted to learn; I just knew that I wanted something different that generated more money than what I'm currently making. And, I believe that I can do that with real estate investing while working my 7-3:30 job. So, here I am! A little nervous but determined to work hard and learn as much as I can. I want to be a sponge; soak up the knowledge and do great things for me and my family! I look forward to meeting great people, making wonderful friends and designing my own life!

1Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
12y

Welcome to BP community @Mary Johns It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP community @Mary Johns It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Originally posted by @Mary Johns:
    Hello Everyone!
    My name is Mary! I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I've been listening to BiggerPockets for a little under a month. And, I dig the show! I love listening, learning and laughing every morning as I drive to work! One of my goals is to prove to myself that I can work for me! Not for my employer but for me. So I've decided to learn a new skill! Initially, I didn't know what skill I wanted to learn; I just knew that I wanted something different that generated more money than what I'm currently making. And, I believe that I can do that with real estate investing while working my 7-3:30 job. So, here I am! A little nervous but determined to work hard and learn as much as I can. I want to be a sponge; soak up the knowledge and do great things for me and my family! I look forward to meeting great people, making wonderful friends and designing my own life!
  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Hello Dmitriy,

    Thank you for welcoming me to the biggerpockets community! As a newbie I'm overwhelmed with all of the information that the site offers. So, again thank you for welcoming me.

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko undefined

  • Real Estate Coach · Chicagoland · Member since 2013 · 502 posts · 101 votes
    12y

    Hey @Mary Johns ! Welcome to the site!

    The tips @Dmitriy Fomichenko gave you are awesome places to start and you might also want to check out:http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    This gives you a break down of how the community works and whats available on this site.

    Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!

  • Dave VisayaPro Member
    Moderator
    Audio Engineer and Investor · Cebu City, Cebu · Member since 2013 · 7k+ posts · 881 votes
    12y

    Hey @Mary Johns welcome to BiggerPockets! Definitely start jumping into the community here!

    BiggerPockets
  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Mary Johns

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Mary Johns welcome to BP!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.