From Bergen County, NJ – Residential Broker Saying Hello

From Bergen County, NJ – Residential Broker Saying Hello

Real Estate Broker · Fair Lawn, NJ · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone, I'm Kristine, a residential real estate broker based in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. I work primarily in Bergen County, helping buyers, sellers, and people relocating into or out of towns like Ridgewood, Glen Rock, Franklin Lakes, Wyckoff, and Mahwah. I've been in the industry for a while now and spend most of my time on the residential side, everything from first-time buyers to estate sales.

I found BiggerPockets because I wanted to learn more from the investor side of things, since so much of my day to day is focused on owner-occupants rather than investment purchases. I'm looking forward to reading through the forums, picking up perspectives I don't get as often in my usual client conversations, and hopefully being useful to anyone who has questions about the North Jersey market specifically.

Looking forward to being part of the community here.

1Reply
271 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joseph ScoreseBusiness Member
    Banker · Philadelphia · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 632 votes
    2mo

    Welcome, Kristine! Bergen County is one of New Jersey's most dynamic and competitive markets, and having a broker with deep local knowledge is a tremendous asset to the BiggerPockets community.

    One of the biggest advantages of engaging with investors is gaining insight into how they evaluate opportunities through cash flow, financing, renovation costs, and long-term appreciation. That perspective can create additional value for your traditional buyers and sellers while expanding your referral network.

    Looking forward to seeing your contributions, and welcome to the community!

    • Real Estate Broker · Fair Lawn, NJ · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 2 votes
      2w

      Thanks, Joseph! That’s exactly what I was hoping to get out of being here. I spend so much of my time looking at properties through an owner-occupant lens, so it’s been interesting seeing how investors evaluate the same property from a different angle. I’m looking forward to learning more of that side of the business and hopefully contributing some useful North Jersey perspective along the way.

  • Brad SeidBusiness Member
    Lender · Licensed in 28 States · Member since 2026 · 134 posts · 37 votes
    2w

    @Kristine Kehoe Welcome to the community, Kristine! With your North Jersey market knowledge, you’re in a great position to connect buyers with the right opportunities. Having a reliable lending partner can also make a big difference in getting deals moving smoothly. If you ever need lending support or financing options for your clients, I’d be happy to connect!

  • Joseph ScoreseBusiness Member
    Banker · Philadelphia · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 632 votes
    2w

    Kristine, welcome to BiggerPockets. Great to see another New Jersey real estate professional joining the community.

    I’m also a licensed real estate agent in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, but much of my day-to-day work is on the real estate investor financing side as a Nationwide Direct Private Lender with Built Lending. I work with investors utilizing DSCR, Fix-to-Rent/BRRRR, Fix & Flip, and Ground-Up Construction financing.

    There can be a lot of synergy between the traditional residential and investor sides of the business. Understanding how investors evaluate cash flow, renovation costs, ARV, leverage, and exit strategies can create another level of value for agents—especially when opportunities come across your desk that may not fit the typical owner-occupant buyer.

    Likewise, your knowledge of Bergen County and the North Jersey market can be extremely valuable to investors looking for local insight.

    Welcome to the community, and I look forward to connecting and exchanging ideas.

    — Joseph V. Scorese

  • Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2018 · 464 posts · 95 votes
    1w

    Hi Kristine - another Bergen County person here, I'm in Englewood. I'm a private real estate investor, mostly working tax deed properties down in Florida.

    The investor lens is pretty different from what you're used to with owner-occupants. Where I look at things is basically: can I get this below market enough that there's room for a rehab spread and still cash flow or flip with a margin? A lot of what I do starts at county tax auctions where you're buying at a discount to assessed value, then the work is figuring out what it actually costs to get the property marketable.

    If you ever run into estate sales or distressed properties in Bergen County that don't fit the traditional buyer mold, those are exactly the kinds of deals investors like me are looking for. Happy to connect if you want to talk through how we evaluate those situations.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.