New Member and New Arizona Builder/Developer

New Member and New Arizona Builder/Developer

Contractor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone!

My name is Michael and I am a new licensed builder and developer moving to Arizona in the fall/winter and trying to start getting involved in the Arizona market before I move and looking to build my network and connect with as many investors, lenders, agents, land owners, and other builders as possible.

My goal is to start acquiring and developing residential properties and custom spec home projects.

If you're in Arizona or investing there, I would love to connect. Always interested in learning from others and exploring potential opportunities and/or partnerships.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

1Reply
479 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 4 votes
4w

Hi Michael,

I like your goals. Building your network and connecting with as many investors, lenders, agents, land owners, and other builders as possible.

Your goal to start acquiring and developing residential properties and custom spec home projects are also of my special interest.

Feel free to send me a connection request, so I can be a part of your network and help you build your team of connections.

Have A Great Day

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Fresno, CA · Member since 2022 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    1mo

    Hey Michael, congrats on the license and the move to AZ! I'm Robert with Backflip — we fund investors and builders nationwide, including new construction and spec home projects. Happy to be a resource as you build your network out there before the move. Welcome aboard!

    • Contractor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      1mo

      Ok thanks! Let's get connected I'm interested.

  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2024 · 25 posts · 7 votes
    4w

    Hi Michael, Congrats on getting your GC license! I'm working toward my GC license to build spec homes here in Wichita. Just send a connection invite, I'd be interested to hear what lending options you find that work best for ground up construction. I also own CPP Structural and help builders and investors with drafting services. I can provide general drafting services nationwide, and full structural drawings in Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri. Let me know how I can help!

  • Wholesaler · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 4 votes
    4w

    Hi Michael,

    I like your goals. Building your network and connecting with as many investors, lenders, agents, land owners, and other builders as possible.

    Your goal to start acquiring and developing residential properties and custom spec home projects are also of my special interest.

    Feel free to send me a connection request, so I can be a part of your network and help you build your team of connections.

    Have A Great Day

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    4w

    Welcome to BP community @Michael Cobb ! We're glad you joined us.

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Best of luck investing!

  • Contractor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    3w

    Ok thanks ! Let's connect

  • Dan HandfordPro Member
    Investor · Lexington, SC · Member since 2018 · 779 posts · 501 votes
    3w

    Welcome, Michael. Since you are entering a new market as both a builder and future owner, I would narrow the first phase to one or two submarkets and learn the full development path before pursuing volume. Track finished-lot pricing, entitlement timelines, utility access, impact fees, site-work risk, achievable resale values, and how much new inventory is already planned. That will help you distinguish a good construction opportunity from land that only looks inexpensive. Which Arizona submarket and project size are you currently studying most closely?

    • Contractor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2026 · 6 posts · 1 vote
      3w

      Thanks for the advice Dan, and I'm currently watching Scottsdale and surrounding areas mostly

  • Member since 2025 · 29 posts · 13 votes
    3w

    Hey Michael, I recently started attending the AZREIA Fix n Flip Meet-up. You can find it on google but it's the last Wednesday of every month, great spot to meet people. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.