New Here — Building Relationships & Studying Growth Markets

New Here — Building Relationships & Studying Growth Markets

Wholesaler · Maine/SW Florida/Texas/Arizona · Member since 2026 · 8 posts · 6 votes

Hello everyone,

I'm Robert, a real estate professional and investor based in Maine. I'm relatively new to BiggerPockets, but I've spent considerable time around real estate and am now intentionally expanding my network and focusing more heavily on the investment and development side of the business.

My primary interests include:

• Buy & hold investing
• BRRRR opportunities
• Small multifamily
• Value-add properties
• Market and development research
• Identifying areas positioned for future growth

I'm currently spending a lot of time studying markets beyond my immediate area, particularly looking at the connection between major development, infrastructure, population growth, and surrounding real estate opportunities.

One thing I'm hoping to gain from BiggerPockets isn't just deals—it's relationships with people who actually understand their local markets.

I'm especially interested in connecting with:

• Active investors
• Local agents who understand investor needs
• Developers and builders
• Private and institutional lenders
• Property managers
• Wholesalers and deal finders

My approach is simple: learn the market, understand the people operating in it, and look for opportunities where I can bring value to the table.

Looking forward to learning from the community and connecting with other active investors.

For those investing outside your home market, what's been the most important relationship you've built locally?

1Reply
123 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · 32256, 32033 · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    1d

    Welcome, Robert, as an investment owner. I have a few questions in mind for everyone who is investing and self-managing their investments. Are you a self-managed investor?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.